Last week was packed with activities intended to jump start our summer with a BANG! in order to avoid the inevitable I'm bored! from Joe. Plus, Devon was super busy with work and an Iron Maiden concert (seriously.), so I figured that I can hurry the time while he is away if I am busy too....
But now the kids and I are E X H A U S T E D.
New plan: Lets go with the flow this summer and not try to fill the calendar.
We spent a day at Aunt Merry's house, where we always have a great visit and loads of things to do. We swam, Lucy and Max played with toys, we watched a movie, and Joe rode his RipStik on Merry's newly paved driveway.
Chillin' at home, all three babies playing video games together (note: only Joe is truly playing)
Devon's company had their annual Family Picnic, a luau, which just happened to land on our sunniest day so far!
We were able to squeeze in a date! We saw Knight and Day- kinda corny, but we liked it.
OH! And I had a celebrity sighting at the mall! I saw Matt Hasselbeck (the Seahawks quarterback, and, perhaps more importantly, Elisabeth Hasselbeck's brother-in-law!). I either 1) slapped him on the tush and said, "Lets Go Hawks!" or 2) I gave him a creepy I-totally-know-who-you-are look and then called Devon ASAP to say, "GUESS WHO I JUST SAW!"
I do love a good sighting!
And then there was a softball tournament. You may know about my love/hate relationship with softball tournaments. But at least I got these cute pics!
Dirt? Charcoal? I may never know.
Bubsy fell and got a fat lip :(
Dev's team took 3rd place!
So, there you have it! This is what we've been doing, in case you've missed us!

6 comments:
Of course we have missed YOU!!!! Great recap Annie! I think you have the Summer strategy of champions!!! Everyone is looking so good!!! Tanner had a ripstick a couple years ago...they are hard to ride!!! Go Joe!
I am guessing that you gave the creepy look to Hasselbeck, the slap on the toosh is more my style don't you think? :)
Great Post! Keep em' coming!!!
You Rantz's are stinkin' cute!
I love your attempt at a super busy week to avoid the "I'm bored" commentary coming from the living room - it's such hard work!!
So, I'm totally digging your hair these days - with each picture I always catch myself thinking "gosh, her hair is so cute!"
Love you!!
I have missed you guys; but the wait was well worth it with all those pics! Wittle Wucy with her dirty face, Joe in all his tween glory (love the dunking booth!) and poor Max's little lip! And you, as usual, are looking so good! You look so cool in the summer heat versus me, who always ends up looking slightly haggered and shiny! :)
Sweet on the sighting! Just think, if you would have done option number one, you could have been part of the hot topics on The View! Don't worry, I'd call in and let the ladies know that you weren't thaaat crazy! :)
I'm thinkin' Devon would do option one...just kidding. The I-Know-Who-You-Are look would be great! Did he look back? With That's that-woman-on-the-blog look?
The two days of softball were so fun for me but I was exhausted too. The walk in the woods with Joe was the best thing so far this year!
Love all the pics, so cute!
I am thinking "go with the flow and don't fill the calendar" is probably a good idea. Although I do like lots of things to keep me busy, it's more important to ENJOY your summer!! I love all the hawaiian clothes on your kiddos at the luau :) Thanks for the update!
Thank you, I can always count on you for my celebrity info!!! I figured those two had to be related, but couldn't figure out how. Mystery solved;)
Post a Comment