June 9, 2010

A Quick Trip

Mama is tired.
I traveled home last weekend, with my little people in tow.  Lucy is a great traveler.  I've lost count of how many times she has flown, but she is a pleasure to sit with, as she plays with her toys, reads her books, and eats her snacks.  Bubs, on the other hand, doesn't want to sleep, or sit in his booster seat, or stop playing peek-a-boo with the stranger sitting behind us.... 


Summer has arrived in California.  It was hot and sunny, and we soaked up as much warmth as we could before we returned to rainy Washington.


The purpose of the trip was to attend my Papa's memorial service.  It was an emotional visit with aunts, uncles and cousins, and a reunion of sorts too, and I am so grateful that I was able to be there to take part in celebrating Papa's life.  I am so proud to be a part of his legacy!

At the cemetery, rather than sit quietly during the service, Max climbed on tombstones (he found my Nana's, and I decided that if she was looking down from heaven to see my tiny boy climbing her tombstone like it was a jungle gym, she would smile), tried to steal flowers and balloons from graves, and screamed whenever I tried to keep him from his agenda.  Here he is in my dad's guitar case.  Note to self: don't take Max to funerals- he won't fall asleep as planned.


As always, visiting with my parents and siblings (but I missed you, Sethy!), and nieces and nephew, was good for my soul.  It is hard to live so far away. 

Brady is getting so big and is super cute.  He and Max smiled and poked at each other, and I can't wait to watch their friendship grow, just like Ellee and Lucy.

And speaking of Papas (and Tutus too!), my kids are blessed :)

4 comments:

Just Me said...

Oh, Annie, I so love these pics, especially Bubs sitting in the guitar case! Our little man looks sooo cute!

Do we have another golfer coming up in Lucy? Well, maybe not.

Wilson Girlzz said...

Hey there!
I've been missing you!

I'm glad you were able to head south and attend your Papa's service and catch some good family time too.

The kiddos are so cute - I think the airplane picture of Max is my favorite!

You look great by the way...loving the hair!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Annie! It was so good to see you while you were in Cali! I have some really cute pics of you and the kiddos! I will have to post them when we get home.

I love this post and all of the pics are so great! I am really so happy for you (even under sad circumstances) that you had the sunny :) reunion with family. You really are blessed! You know how much I love your legacy!

The boys are adorable and I shed a tear along with a big smile thinking of Max playing on Nana's grave!

comfy cozy said...

I'm so happy for you that you were able to be there to help celebrate your Papa's life. I'm also glad that the weather cooperated with you and provided some sunshine and warmth.

Spending time with family is such a blessing and there is nothing that quite compares; it does leave you feeling full, loved, and recharged. It must be hard to have to go home. Auburn someday, maybe?! :)But at least the children are practically professional flyers for you! Max will get there soon and be just like his big sis!

I love the pic of Max dressed in his best and sitting in the case...too cute! You look great, by the way!