November 1, 2009

A Happy Halloween!


My children loved Halloween, yet I may have loved it more. I really enjoyed helping them choose their costumes and get ready, and as I turned Lucy into a princess, I had one of those moments-- one of those "I LOVE BEING A MOM!" moments.

To make the holiday last longer, we went to a local church's Fall Festival on Friday night.



Joseph is a Native American, Lucy is Cinderella, and Max is Superman.




SuperMax was super tired and fell asleep super fast on the one minute drive to the church.



We went with our friends, Katie, Jude, Ethan & Greyson.








Joseph said, "Okay, seriously, no more pictures."




On Saturday night, the kids got dressed up again, and so did Grandma Donna! We bundled up as best we could and then hit the streets for some trick-or-treating! We met up with lots of Lotts! Last year, Lucy tried to enter all of the homes, and this year she was delighted that people were giving her candy. "Mom, they gave me a piece of candy!!"



This time, Lucy was Princess Belle.



Me, Jacqui & Katie :) Love these girls!


It was a successful Halloween, despite a brief downpour of rain, and my kids have reloaded our house with lots of candy!!!

8 comments:

Leslie said...

The kids looked great! I am sooo glad that you guys had such a great holiday!. Enjoy that candy :)

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Molly Andersson said...

sorry the deleted comment was from me cuz i accently wrote it on moms account!! but here is my comment from my account! awww soooo cute!!! lucy is such a little princes and joes indian make up looks great and supermax is soooo precious and i want to nibble on his cheeks and he would have fit in perfect with supergirl auntie molly and her boyfriend cark kent aka aaron :) anyways such a cute little family you have and lets pray lucy doesnt get too attatched to the funny black shoes :)love u!!

Katie said...

We had LOTTS of fun with you as well. Sorry about Jude's poke in Joe's eye though. Jude felt bad/embarrassed. It was bound to happen and I'm surprised it didn't happen more. We really need to have girls night out again soon at Zeeks. Ladies night possibly before New Moon!

Just Me said...

It was fun, holding Lucy's cold little hands and watching her reactions, like coy with the Cinderella and Prince Charming house. Soooo cute and Joe was a great Indian. Next year Super Max will get to walk with us. Can't wait.

comfy cozy said...

What a great Halloween weekend! You went all out, including makeup and everything on Joe and Lucy. You did a great job, mama! And Superman was Supercute, even if a bit of a party pooper! Glad you guys had such a good time.

Wilson Girlzz said...

Super cute picutres and an admirable effort on ALL of the costumes! I'm super impressed!!

Can I send Elsie and Brynn up to your house next year? You do Haloween WAY better than I :o)

p.s. love your hair and the puffy jacket...makes me want to give you a big hug!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Totally commenting from the public library here...wild I know. Tanner dropped el computero today so may our lap top rest in peace. I came here to get online and order a new one. It's so funny to be here.

My timer says I have only 6 minutes left (can you believe they time you?) but I have enough yime to say that I LOVE your Halloween experience! So much fun and I can totally relate to the proud Mommy moments this weekend! You are such a good Mommy and you are looking amazing by the way! Love the dress, leggings, and jacket! Gosh I wish i looked good in a jean jacket!

All the kids looked so cute! Devon is looking super himself! P90x is no joke!

Signing off and heading for the hand sani! :)