November 17, 2009

Tuesday Tip! Put It On the Menu!

It is the return of the Tuesday Tip!

If you know me well, you know that I'm not much of a chef. I've got a couple of recipes that I've mastered and have therefore claimed as my "specialties," but, really, my kitchen skills are limited. In fact, next week my parents and my sister will be coming up for Thanksgiving, and as the holiday hostess, I've made RESERVATIONS for Thanksgiving dinner at Claimjumper! Yes, we are having Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant, and we all feel pretty good about it!

Anyway, back to my inadequacies in the kitchen... every so often I get inspired to try a new recipe and see if I can "wow" my critics, Devon and Joseph. If they like what they taste, they exclaim, "put it on the menu!", meaning that if we were to ever open a restaurant (which we won't), this dish would be a featured item.

So, I've recently tried 3 delicious new recipes: Creamy Potato Soup (thanks Sadina!), Chicken Enchiladas, and tonight we have homemade chili cooking in the crock pot (thanks Andrea!).

Yum, yum, and yum!!! Put them all on the menu!

My Tuesday Tip is the recipe for the Easy Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas:


1 can condensed cream of chicken soup

1/2 cup sour cream

1 cup salsa

2 tsp. chili powder

2 cups chopped cooked chicken

1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

6 flour tortillas (6"), warmed

1 small tomato, chopped

1 green onion, sliced



  1. Stir the soup, sour cream, salsa and chili powder in a medium bowl.

  2. Stir 1 cup of this mixture, chicken and cheese in a large bowl.

  3. Divide the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up the tortillas and place them seamside up in an 11x8" shallow baking dish. Pour the remaining salsa mixture over the filled tortillas. Cover the baking dish with foil.

  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until the enchiladas are hot and bubbling. Top with tomato and onion.


Enjoy the enchiladas, and enjoy this cute picture of my peeps :)


6 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Be back in a few :) Being called to take Maysyn out of the tub! Just as i was about to comment! Sheesh!

comfy cozy said...

I can do it! I can do it!! My skills are quite limited so I have NO judgements! Well, except to judge that by looking at the recipe, I think it sounds delicious and I think I can pull it off with it being a "keeper" (that's our way of saying "put it on the menu" around here)!

We must share more easy and yummy recipes for those of us that are kitchenly challenged!

Cute pic of your peeps too! :)

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Okay! I am back! YUM YUM GIMEE SOME!!! It all sounds so delicious!!! Annie, I for one am a huge fan of all of your "specialties" and think that you are an amazing cook! I can't wait to try all of these dishes! Oh and the proud adorable family looks like a happy crowd!!!

Oh and I love the reservations for Thanksgiving plan! I have absolutely no problem with it either!!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

WOO WOO!
I'm into the enchiladas big time!
Thanks Tipper!! :o)

I hope your chili was yummy and that it had menu-quality. Pretty funny, but I like the ranking system.

Know what else I like? OK love? Your cute little family!!

I'm happy that the fam will be together for Turkey Day a-la Claim Jumper...no shame in it, and no dishes to do! LOVE THAT!

Leslie said...

Yeah for Claimjumper!!! Can't wait to see you and your peeps! I already made a copy of your recipe, good job mama rantz!!!

Just Me said...

I love love love the idea of Claimjumper where the food is plentiful and the dishes are done by someone else! Hurray for reservations!