November 10, 2009

Bring It!


I am very happy to announce that Devon has just completed 90 days of the P90X program!




Wait, wait, let me start from the beginning...



One night, Devon and I were watching an infomercial on TV about a workout that had amazing results, and I only remember laughing at how many times I heard, "GET RIPPED!" Sure, the before and after photos were impressive, but, come on, this was an infomercial!



Well, a couple of weeks later, there was a P90X box on my dining room table!



Devon had decided that he wanted to be in the best shape of his life by his 40th birthday, next September. He had been thinking of how he was going to make this happen, and P90X looked like something that he could try at home, during his "free time," which happens to be at 6am :)






90 days ago, Devon looked like this:


And today he looks like this!












BEFORE (8/10/09) 220 lbs!! and AFTER (11/10/09) 192 lbs!!





I am so proud of him! He has worked so hard in the garage (his gym), doing the DVD workouts, and he has changed his eating habits, and he has even abstained from ice cream! The discipline has been inspirational! As a graduation gift to himself, he ordered a P90X t-shirt, and I bought him some "skinny jeans" :) The t-shirt has already gotten some attention in public from a man who just started the program. Devon was so happy to share his results and give encouragement.










Great job, Devon!!! Way to "Bring it!"








7 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow!!!!! He looks fantastic and healthy!!! Good job Devon! Nice blog Annie!!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Get R-I-P-P-E-D is right!!! Wowee! Way to go Devon! You know how much I love good old P90! Anything that can produce those results in 90 days just 3 months is worth it's weight in gold!!!

Annie, hats off to you too for taking over some of the "morning shift" so your man can pump some iron :)! I can't believe I just said that :)!


SUPER IMPRESSED! And also inspired!!

comfy cozy said...

"Bring it" is right! Holy moly! In just 90 days?!! That's so awesome- a big congrats to Devon for sticking with it!

Who knew what an informercial could do?! :)

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I keep coming back to show someone else in the family the results! Everyone is amazed!!!

Just Me said...

You look really great, Devon! I did not know your program came from an infomercial. Who knew! I am impressed, and best of all, you look YOUNGER!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Awesome!
I'm not sure what I love better, his shirt, or how great Dev's smile is in the pictures of the new and improved bod!

He really does look great!

Q made it through day #2 and this P90-bizzznizz is no walk in the park! I'm excited to show off the results after 90 days. This is totally ironic, but the day Devon graduated, was the day Q started - fate?!

The Browns said...

I LOVE your blogs!! They are so entertaining.

Way to go, Devin! I love the shirt, but especially appreciate the skinny jeans that you bought for him, Annie. That's so great!