October 28, 2009

"GET HIM!"

We knew this day was coming.

Max is suddenly grabbing at Lucy's toys and drooling on them and knocking them over, and it is driving her crazy!

Sometimes she begs, "MOM! PLEASE get him!"

Sometimes she demands, "Mom, GET HIM!"

Sometimes she panics, "MOM! PLEASE GET HIM!"

And sometimes she suggests, "Mom, you should get mad at him!"


Get used to it, Lucy-- this is what little brothers do!

Doesn't her face in this picture say it all?






Max turned 6 months old yesterday! He is almost crawling. Well, he is sort-of crawling. He does an army crawl using his forearms and his toes, and he is pretty fast and efficient at getting around. Remember Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump? Max looks like Lt. Dan when he "crawls". Except that Max has legs :)

At his six month check up, we learned that Max is a hefty 21 1/2 pounds, and he is off the chart in height (28 3/4"). Our big boy!



I took Max and Lucy to Kelsey Creek Farm last week, and we played at the park for a while, and then we went to look at the animals. Lucy was much more brave around the animals than I was, but her first comment was, "It is too stinky. It stinks. I am getting sick." THAT'S MY GIRL :)


6 comments:

comfy cozy said...

Oh Lucy!! Isn't it sorta heartbreaking that she has no clue that it's not going to be Lucy's World?! Poor baby is gonna have to share and lots of other yucky stuff! :!

She is so cute Annie! And the fact that she's over it when something smells makes her even all that much cuter!

I can't believe Max is already mobile! I'm thinking that has "early walker" written all over it! :)

Leslie said...

Hey wait a minute!!! Didn't you and the babies go to California last week??? I love the pic of Lucy wanting Max out of her stuff and I totally related about the "stink".

Just Me said...

Great pic of Lucy's panic with baby brother playing with her castle and princesses. Lucy is used to being the absolute center of attention so this is a heartbreaker for her to have to share attention, share toys.

I remember when she wanted to see the snake at Freddie's house but not by herself, she was afraid but fascinated.
I just love that little girl.

Wilson Girlzz said...

Oh Lu! I love that she suggests that you should be mad at Max...Elsie does the same thing, and now, Brynn will tell me when Elsie is naughty - love it!

Go Max! He's mobile already!? Lt. Dan style? Super funny visual...I bet he will be an early walker too - after all, he's got to be able to chase Lucy once she starts to run away right?

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Ya! Didn't you go to California last week? :)) Leslie, you can check out my blog if you want to see the pics :)) tee hee Annie!

Okay, Lucy is SO CUTE! My favorite has to be when she says she is going to be sick! She is your girl!

Poor thing realized that Max is on the move! That picture really does say it all!! Priceless! I love how she is suggesting you deal with your wild crawler! "Maybe you should get mad at him?" I love it!

Max is adorable and scrumptious and the side by side in the swing tells the stroy of how meaty tat little boy is! So cute!

Now, get back on the computer and lets see a Cali-post huh?! :)

Jacqui Lott said...

Oh, poor Lucy! I've heard this can sometimes be an even harder adjustment than when you first bring the baby home from the hospital. Hope it's a short phase! Adorable look on her face in that pic. She's going WWF smackdown on him!