May 18, 2013

The Mama Cop

Darn! I was doing so well on my "Blog Everyday in May" campaign! But then morning sickness reared it's necessary head, and exhaustion set in, and then several of my favorite shows have had season finales... so blogging quickly fell down the list of priorities. 
 
While we are kind of on the topic of finales, I am so happy that Cochran won Survivor!  Devon and I totally love him, and I've started following him on Instagram so that I can keep a steady flow of that "Harvard Nerd" in my life.  And did you watch The Office?  Were you a teary mess like I was?  Jim and Pam have officially taken over the Ross and Rachel spot in my heart. 
 
Okay, moving on.  Last night was a family movie night, and Max decided against wearing pajamas or any clothes at all. 
 
bad picture. sorry.
 
His rebellion didn't end with the dress code, and he was sent to bed early.  He was not happy about it.  He cried, "I'm sorry!  I said I'm sorry! I won't do it again!  I want daddy!...  I wish you didn't live here, mom!  You don't know anything! I don't love you!  I only love daddy!..." It went on and on and on until he finally surrendered to sleep, and this morning he loves me again. 
 
Oh, the joys of motherhood, right?  I am too often the bad cop, and sweet Devon is so good at being the good cop.  Daddy can be such a hero.  I get it- he is my hero too. 
 
But I remembered the cards.
 
So, a few days ago, when Lucy came home from school with two cards, one for me and one for daddy, my heart swelled.



Devon's card says, "I love you" and my card (roughly) says "I love you more".  Hehe! We had a good little laugh, and we thanked Lucy for such sweet and thoughtful cards.
 
We are about to blast off into a busy Saturday of a baseball game, a birthday party, and an annual bbq.  I am the only "cop" on duty, so it is likely that by the end of the day I will need to pull out the card from Lucy and remember that I am loved, sometimes even a bit more than daddy. :) 

1 comment:

Just Me said...

I for one was getting spoiled by your daily blogs but you are forgiven and I do hope you feel better.
I was sooooo very happy Cochran won too! I was shouting and cheering so much I was surprised the guys in the white coats were not knocking on my door. That guy just grew up before our eyes.
I guess I will figure out how to connect with instagram now.

See you at the game.