May 21, 2013

Monday Love Letters, on Tuesday

(because I was too tired last night to write a post)
 
Dear Andrea,
I love you.
Thank you so much for visiting me.  As always, it was wonderful to see you and hug you and hang out with you.  It was good for my soul!
And seeing our daughters enjoy each other was the cherry on top.  Watching them sing Taylor Swift songs or ride bikes or snuggle up to watch a movie together.... it was like a mini version of you, me and Allison doing the things that we love to do together.  Right? And Max was a little left out, but he didn't seem to mind too much!
Sorry that I didn't feel fantastic while you were here. Thank you for making dinner when I felt icky.  You are quite the perfect guest.  And thank you for hanging back with all the kids while I drove Joe to his many baseball engagements.
Again, I love you, and I miss you every day.

Love,
Me




Dear Baby,
I love you.
You are only the size of a blueberry, yet you are so, so loved and wanted!
I don't even mind that I feel sick all day, or that I'm super tired, or that not one single pair of my jeans fit me anymore, because you are happening! 
I can't wait to know you more, like, are you a boy or a girl?  We talk a lot about what to name you, and Max is pretty committed to Falcon, while Lucy thinks a flower name would be best, like Pansy or Daffodil.  Whatever we decide to name you, be it a Marvel character or a flower, I'm sure that the name will suit you perfectly.  And you are just going to love your brothers and sister, and your daddy too.  With these people as your family, there will never be a dull moment around here!  I hope you like noise, messes, and staying busy, because that is how we roll.
So, hang tight in there, sweet blueberry! I hope you are comfy!  We have a long way to go until your birthday!
 
With all the love in my heart,
Your Mama

 

Dear Sugar,
I love you.
I pretty much love you in every form- juice, candy, cereal, pastries. 
I know you aren't good for me, so I usually try to abstain as best I can, with just an occasional bag of jelly beans here, or a carton of guava juice there, or a quick stop at Krispy Kreme only on an extra special day.  But I've got a free pass to eat whatever makes me happy for the next 33 weeks, and I choose you! You! You!
Get over here, sweet thing!

Love Always,
Annie


Dear Tonight's Dessert,
I love you.
You were a big chocolate chip cookie baked in a skillet and then covered in 4 scoops of Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream and drizzled in chocolate syrup.
You. Were. Amazing.
Katie and I shared you, which was just perfect because sometimes too much of a good thing is a bad thing, if you know what I mean. 
Did I mention that none of my jeans fit?
We will be meeting again during the next 33 weeks, for sure.

Much Love,
Annie



 

4 comments:

andrea said...

AWE YEAH...I made the love letter post!
Guess what?
I LOVE YOU TOO!

Funny, I thought the very same thing about our three girls all snuggled in bed together watching a movie. We should have planned their names a little better so they could have a "team" - whoops! Even better, they will have a 4th member with Allison's addition and possibly a 5th (wink, wink!)

Enjoy your sugar - mama!!

andrea said...

Confessional::
I have read my love letter 4 times today

;o)

Lisa Blake said...

AWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Love this!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you and a little jealous!!! I would love to have another baby, but I'm thoroughly consumed by the two I have. I'll just live vicariously through you:) Love the fruit comparison. I did that with both of my girls too.

Dear Blueberry,

You are so very lucky to have such a sweet, loving momma. She will be more than you could have ever dreamed of. Oh, and your daddy and siblings---FABULOUS too.

Can't wait to meet you!

Niccole