I'm trying to blog everyday in May. Have you noticed?
Something pretty cool happened on Sunday.
Max, Lucy and I went to church- but that's not the cool part,
and I was assigned to be a greeter and hand out programs- but that's not the cool part,
though I did make a new friend- which was pretty cool,
and a picture of us was put on the church's facebook page- but that's not the cool part either.
![]() |
| I know what you're thinking. My hair looks weird. |
The service was about "becoming the ruler of your moolah," citing The Parable of the Talents from Matthew 25;14-30. It is an interesting story, and in short, it is about a man who is going on a trip, but before he leaves he calls three of his servants together and entrusts his money to them while he is gone. Two of the three servants invested the money and doubled it, while the third servant was afraid to lose the master's money so he buried it and hid it, and eventually, once the master returned from his trip, the first two servants gave account of how they had invested the money and were praised, but the third returned the money untouched and was scolded for being a "wicked and lazy servant." "'Why didn't you deposit my money in the bank? At least I could have gotten some interest on it.'... To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away."
All of that being said... the lesson about money is 1) God owns it and God loans it, and 2) I'm accountable to God for how I use His money, and 3) if I don't use it, I lose it.
Okay, I'm getting to the cool part.
Jesse, the pastor at Rain City Church, asked for five people to come up on stage. I guess that I was feeling bold, so I stepped up. Jesse handed each of us a hundred dollar bill. I hadn't held a $100 bill in a while- it sure felt nice! Where is he going with this? I wondered.
Well, this is being called the Kingdom Project, and here are the instructions:
- This is God’s money that He is entrusting to you.
- He wants you to invest into His kingdom with skill and courage.
- We want to get a report from you at the end of the summer on what you did.
Whoa! The pressure is on! So, with this money I am praying for ways to grow it, and I am praying for ways to use it. I know of so many worthy causes that could use funds, and I am completely open to suggestions and ideas!
I am really excited about this project, and I will be sure to keep you updated!
Note to self: Do not bury the money and then return it.
![]() |
| Why does Ben look so smug? |


2 comments:
Ben looks a bit perturbed to me. His genius looking at all of us....well, normals.
That's it. No help here with the money. I would probably bury and then return it untouched. Or spend it :-)
Use your crafty skills to invest and make something for the children in the church - artwork? a small garden they can work together and grow? hmmm...I'll keep brainstorming...what a great project and reason to think!!
I love it!!
Post a Comment