May 3, 2013
The test is waiting upstairs, in a box, in a cupboard. It has been there for two days.
The test is waiting upstairs, in a box, in a cupboard. It has been there for two days.
I'm pretty sure that I'm pregnant, and I hope that I'm pregnant, but once I take the test, or "pee on a stick" as Devon so eloquently says, there will be a definite result, and my life will be changed forever, or not. I guess I'm just nervous.
And the uncertainty is beginning to be unsettling. I might be... I could be... Maybe... It is almost time to know I am or I am not.
All week long I have teetered back and forth between feeling that my body is my own and is unoccupied, or that there is a poppy-seed sized piece of my heart beginning to grow and change our family and our lives.
Hmmm.
Are you in there, kiddo? Are we doing this?
May 4, 2013
Yes!
The plus signed appeared before two minutes had passed, and Devon and I both had big, goofy smiles across our faces. We are having another beautiful baby! I just can't believe it!
I had wanted to hold this little secret close for a bit. I don't know why- it just seems like a special thing for Devon and I to savor alone before we tell our families and friends. But this news is too great to keep under wraps!
Tonight we told the kids, and they were very excited. Lucy's face lit up and she had the most genuine happy glow on her sweet, round face. Max was happy too, and he announced that he is hoping for a boy. Joe was surprised and thinks that a new baby is awesome.
This is going to be such a fun adventure!

5 comments:
I love seeing the whole saga of finding out. I am so excited to be a grandma to the newest little precious.
Congrats, congrats, HUGE congrats!!! So excited for you and your family :). And I love the way you announced it, so darling. Hugs!!!
ANNIE!!!!!!!! You already know how incredibly happy I am for you!!!! I can't wait to get all the updates on this sweet baby!!!! I Love you so much! P.S. I had a crazy day and just got your message and your text. Call you in the a.m. woman. Hope you have another window to talk to me! :)
Yay! I'm so glad I read your great news today! Congratulations Rantz family :)
WOW!! How amazing:) So happy for you!
Luv ya!
Niccole
Post a Comment