May 3, 2013

A Million Miles in a Thousand Years

You know how when you finish a great book, you are just dying to talk about it?  I guess that is why book clubs exist.

Well, I just finished a book that I am dying to talk about!
 
Whenever I finish a book, I look around to see if anyone can 1) witness the fact that I finished a whole book! I am so impressed with myself! and 2) endure to my poor attempt at recapping said book. 
 
I won't even try to recapture the message of A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller.  But I will say that I give it two thumbs up and that it has inspired me to live a better story.  If you've read it, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

 
 
 
Here is a small taste for you.  A nibble, if you will...
"The most often repeated commandment in the Bible is 'Do not fear.' It's in there over two hundred times.  That means a couple of things, if you think about it.  It means we are going to be afraid, and it means we shouldn't let fear boss us around.  Before I realized we were supposed to fight fear, I thought of fear as a subtle suggestion in our subconscious designed to keep us safe, or more important, keep us from getting humiliated.  And I guess it serves that purpose.  But fear isn't only a guide to keep us safe; it's also a manipulative emotion that can trick us into living a boring life."

Please, someone, read this book!  It is a quick read :)  And Miller is a great storyteller.  Maybe I can get Devon to read it...
 
 
 



2 comments:

Michele Woods said...

Just down loaded it to my iPad. Thanks

Lisa said...

I'll do it!!!!!!!!