Good morning!
And I mean it- it has been a good morning, so far. Today I have the early shift with our early risers, who insist on racing the daylight to see who can get up faster. Max and Lucy always win. And this morning Max dressed himself in a bathing suit and Lucy picked out a sundress. Looks like I'm not the only one dreaming of warmer places!
Remember when I mentioned that I'd like to slow down a bit? Well, it hasn't happened yet. Is your schedule full too?
Here is what we've been doing-
I got to spend a whole afternoon catching up with my friend Monica, who I've mentioned before here. Monica lives in the dirty south, which is just too far away, in my opinion.
It was a treat to see such a dear friend!
Lucy's school hosted a "Daddy and Me" event, and Devon and Lucy came home with a lovely gingerbread house. Can you tell that she is very proud of their finished product? The gingerbread house is safely displayed on Lucy's dresser, where Max can't try to eat it (again).
My friend Sara hosted a wreath-making party- isn't that such a fun idea?? I got to bring the kids along, and there were delicious snacks and such, and the wreath workshop looked like this-
I had to get some help finishing mine, because someone needed mama to hold him close, but check out my wreath!! My first-ever Christmas wreath! I love it :)
We have scattered our Christmas decor around the house, and there is already a collection of Max-damaged items waiting to be super-glued. Devon pulled ol' fakey out of the garage yesterday and we made her pretty-
We decided that we need to graduate to a larger tree- maybe even a real tree- but for now we'll get one more year out of this one. The ornaments just about outweigh the tree :) It was a group effort to hang the ornaments- Grandma helped too.
And finally, it was date-night! We dressed up and went to the Sleep Country Christmas party.
So, things are festive around here, and we are feeling pretty jolly. I hope that you are too!







6 comments:
WOA!!!! Monica and a wreath making party?!!!! SUPER FUN!!!!! SUPER FESTIVE!!!!! Lucy and her Daddy and me date makes me melt!!!!
ANNIE!!! You got crafty, and it looks GREAT! Date night too? Lucky lady! It all looks terrific.
Tell Lucy she has to show me her gingerbread house. Very warm sweet pic of her and daddy on their date. You and daddy looked great last night! You were beautiful, loved the boots!
I love the Lucy/Devon pic's. He is such a good daddy! Your tree looks fantastic and for the record, I personally love the smell of a real tree. The wreath making party looks soooooo fun! I wanna have one or you have one and I will come! Last but not least, you and Devon look very nice all dressed up for your date! Funny thing is your little sister is at a party right now wearing the exact same outfit!!! Good taste girls, love you both!!! :)
You made me feel jolly with all of your holiday fun! Your wreath turned out beautiful and I love all the pics of Lucy. She is really looking so grown up these days -wow! Love your stripy dress too... did anyone ever tell you that you have great style ;)
Father/daughter night...so sweet!
The wreath..amazing:)
Prom picture...what a cute couple!
Post a Comment