December 12, 2011

Notes from the Mama

There is nothing in the world like holding your brand new baby- so perfect and tiny.  I don't know about you, but I would feel a small pang of sadness knowing that in the blink of an eye my baby would grow and change.  But then, in a surprising turn of events, I'd find that 3 months old is even better than brand new.  And then 3 months is replaced by 4 months- yes, 4 months old is definitely my favorite age so far.  And then six months, no, no, nine months is so fun! and then 12 months, no, no, 18 months is such the perfect age!
My point is that the love of a mother grows as babies grow.  Babies turn into funny, little people, and though I miss my newborn babies, I always find myself thinking  (fill in the blank) is my favorite age, for sure. 
All that being said...
Two and a half is kicking my butt.  Probably not my favorite age!

6 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

I FULLY agree.
2.5 years old is rough...and then it seems to sort of fade off at 3.5to 4 years, at least for our girls.

My prayers are with you.

Just Me said...

So true. And two year olds are tough, especially boys I think. And Max is so boy. The good news is he will grow. Hurry, Max! Mama needs a new favorite age for you!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

haha ... i love what andrea said...my prayers are with you...like may the force be with you :) im typing one handed thus the lack of proper punctuation :)

love ya!!!!

he sure is cute!!!!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Lisa, that's exactly what I was going for! HaHa!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, you paving the way for me. Warning, I guess, of things to follow...I guess I should prepare myself!!!

Love you and your words of wisdom;)

Niccole

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Andrea, I thought so!!! HAHA!!!