December 20, 2011

Ready for the Magic

I'm ready.  I'm ready for the Christmas magic to begin.
We've gone to all of our holiday parties, the ballet recital, and preschool performance.
We've decorated the house as best as we can, with our 6' fakey tree.
We play Christmas music, and Christmas movies stream on the tube.  I've seen Elf approximately 12 times this week. 
I've lit a glittery candle in the kitchen, and my wreath hangs on the front door. 
I have even wrapped 4 large gifts and set them under the tree, which exponentially multiplied the excitement of Christmas for Max and Lucy.
And Lucy removes a paper chain link every day.  Only 5 links left until the big yellow star declares that it is finally Christmas day.
See, we are going through all of the motions, but the magic isn't really here in our house.  The magic for us is in California, because that is where we do Christmas.

And, boy, could we use some magic.  We are falling apart around here.  Poor Max is so sick- and Devon has all sorts of weird symptoms, all which scream I need a vacation!!  And one more day of grey skies...  well, it just wouldn't be good.
Since it is cold outside and we are kinds of ill, we haven't left the house much, which leads to extreme cabin fever.  And to make the stuck-at-home issue a little more interesting, we are intentionally using up all of our groceries before we leave town, so our snacks and meals are requiring a bit of creativity. 

I didn't quite complete my Christmas Challenge.  I still have two gifts to buy, but, dude, guess who won't be shopping on Christmas Eve this year!  This girl! 

We celebrated Christmas with Aunt Merry and Uncle Dave last weekend, and the kids got a taste of the magic.  It was especially fun to watch Max open gifts, because at his age he now completely understands the concept of opening gifts.  Welcome to the big league, Bubsy.


 
And Grandma Donna came over last night to exchange gifts with the kids.  See Joe's face in the this pic?  This is the optimal gift-opening face.  Love it!


 
Today's agenda?  Another trip to the pediatrician with Max.  Maybe make some Christmas cookies with Lucy.  Bribe Joe to help me entertain Max and Lucy while I pack.  I can feel it already- the buzz is beginning to, well, buzz.  The magic is about to begin. 

4 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

Love you!
Hope today has been a good one and that Maxy is feeling better soon so he can experience the MAGIC in full effect!

Oh, and I LOVE Joe's "this is awesome" face :o)

Just Me said...

I love Joe's face too. Too bad about the XBox 360 so he couldn't play it. You did great for Xmas! I will miss you but so glad to spend last night with you. Drive carefully, take care of yourselves. Do I sound like a mom? A grandmom? Yep, that's me.

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

bring on the magic!!!! see u soon!!!!!!!!

Julianne said...

aw, i love christmas time! i hope you have so much fun at your family's! did you guys get my package and card? i hope i wrote the right address! i love and miss you lots! i hope you have a great day today!