December 2, 2011

Bon Bon Love

It's that time again!
Lucy's ballet recital!
This year she was a Bon Bon, and we couldn't be more proud.
Note: please don't feel obligated to watch the video clip of Lucy's ballet, though it is quite lovely and might make you smile.  Oh, and mom and dad, you are obligated :)


If you chose to watch the video, and you happened to notice the sound of a small child crying, it totally wasn't Max.  Nope, not Max.  Couldn't be Max.  I mean, why would Max be crying during his sister's performance?  He wouldn't.  No, never.  Not Max.

Anyway, Lucy's fan club was in attendance-

Little Molly was a Bon Bon too!

except for Aunt Merry, who is in California for the weekend at a bodybuilding competition-


Merry has trained like a champ, and we are cheering for her!!  Go Merry!!

I took the kids "treasure hunting" at the consignment store today, and here is our best treasure-

Boots!  But these aren't just any boots-  these are Buzz and Woody boots! (Yes, Max is still opting out on wearing pants).

What else?  I was super grumpy tonight, and being grumpy is simply exhausting.  It has been a really long week.  I continuously remind myself to slow down and enjoy this time of the year, but I keep getting stuck in a go-go-go pattern, rushing around, and giving in to the inevitable grumps. Geesh.  Maybe I'll slow down tomorrow.  Or maybe I'll just keep watching my little dancing Bon Bon, with the volume muted so that I don't have to listen to that anonymous crying child.  Seriously, who is that kid?  It isn't Max.  Nope, not Max! 


3 comments:

Leslie said...

As I read this I was thinking to myself "Oh Max!!!!!" So sorry you had to chase him during such a big moment for Lucy! Glad Dev could record it for you because she did such a great job and she looked lovely! On the other hand, how cute and proud is he in those adorable cowboy boots??? They are just perfect! Hope your week gets better and you can really enjoy the holiday season, we can't wait to see you all! Love you!!:)P.S. Dad also loved watching the video!

Just Me said...

Good job, Dev, with the filming. And I would know that cry anywhere! Definitely not Max :-)
As usual our girl is the best one on stage in the eyes of her grandma. But really, she is!

Lisa Blake said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! She is so stinkin cute and he is a cute little stinker!!!!! :) Sorry you were grouchy...it is tiring. Hope your day is going great! Love you!