I'm back- did you miss me?
We road-tripped south to my hometown in California and spent Christmas with my family.
It is always a challenge to combine visiting with family with a vacation, plus a holiday- there is never enough time to do as much as we intend to do, like, I'd planned to reunite with some cousins, but it didn't happen. I'd planned to spend some alone-time with my husband, but it didn't happen. I'd planned to read a book, but it didn't happen. You get the idea.
Plus, a few of us were battling nasty head-colds, so the overall energy was low.
But nonetheless, we had a fun, memorable vacation/Christmas. I love waking up in my parents' house, seeing a great big blue sky outside, playing with my kids, and watching Devon unwind from the months of the daily grind. I love catching up with my siblings and eating my mom's cooking.
Here is a collection of highlights-
Can you read what this says?
It says, "Will you marry me," and the question was "popped" by my brother Seth to his girlfriend Carlee. We were all waiting inside with the lights off, hoping that she'd say yes- otherwise it would have been an awkward party!
She said yes!
Carlee was completely surprised by both the proposal and the engagement party. It was so exciting to be a part of the night's celebration.
See? Super excited!
For the most part, we just hung out.
My dad made pancakes and Maxy "helped".
Joe got a battery-operated monster truck stuck in his hair. It was a learning experience, for sure :)
The kids each opened one gift on Christmas Eve. Pajamas. It's tradition.
Lucy selected gifts for everyone at the Dollar Tree, and she couldn't wait even one more day to give her gifts.
Mechanical pencils for Joe, a SpiderMan cup for Max, shoe polish for Devon, glow wand for Molly....
And then it was Christmas.
There were stockings,
and my dad read the Christmas story from the Bible,
and the kids tried to be patient,
and Adam and Jill arrived with their kids, and Seth and Carlee arrived with 4 of Carlee's little sisters.
It was a full and happy house.
After Christmas, we had a collection of ailments, but we packed up tissues and pills for a day at a theme park.
And then it was a long, long drive back home to Washington.
Until next time, California... we love you!





















4 comments:
Oh, Thank You so much for the pics! I love them all. Seth has really matured nicely. Congratulations Seth!!
Lucy looks so stylin' on her razor. And always, of course :-) Joe with such a funny face with the truck in his hair, Max's face trying to be "patient."
I am so glad you had such a fun time with your family and I am so glad to have you back! Love you all!
WOA!!!! Great recap!!! I can't believe it's over and you are back in WA :(. We loved getting to see you so much!!! WOW, Sethie engaged?!! How wonderful!!!! I left you a message, I know his fiance's parents from a really long time ago! Sweet family!!!
Okay, missing you a ton, California pines for the Rantz family!!!
Loved the pics!!!
Seth, what a romantic;)!! Congrats to him and all of you.
Love the recap. I've look at it several times and I'm just now getting to comment.
Looks like you had a lot of nice time with your family. What nice holiday.
Post a Comment