Last night I had a hot date.
Well, it wasn't so much hot as it was freezing, and I called it a "date" though I'm pretty sure that my companion for the evening was a tiny bit embarrassed by me. I was, after all, wearing "mom jeans".
Joe and I went to the UW football game. My brother Seth's girlfriend's brother plays football for the University of Arizona, and my brother's girlfriend's parents were in Seattle to watch the game. So, Joe and I met up with them and joined them in cheering for their son (though Joe quietly cheered for the Huskies).
It was a very exciting game, and Seth's girlfriend's brother played quite a bit, and it was nice to meet Seth's girlfriend's parents, though I've never met Seth's girlfriend. :) Her parents told me right away that they adore Seth, and I feel the same way about my baby bro', so it was good to start the night off with some common ground.
I realized a few things:
* Public transportation is awesome.
* Joe is embarrassed when I take pictures of him while riding public transportation.
* When you find yourself sitting in the middle of a large Samoan family who are all wearing matching custom-made t-shirts, you are probably sitting in the wrong place.
* Joe doesn't think my jokes are quite as funny as I do.
* College football is highly emotional.
* A $4.25 hot chocolate makes for a great hand-warmer.
* My fuzzy gloves shed fuzz when I clap, and the fuzz drifts directly up my nose.
* I should go on dates with Joe more often.
* "Mom jeans" are very comfortable. They hug me in all the right places.
The Huskies took the win, which made Joe (and Devon, watching from home) very happy, though I now consider myself a fan of U of A's #90. Go Wildcats!
6 comments:
Sounds like so much fun!
I'm glad you got to share a special date with Joe, in your "mom jeans" :o)
College football, live, is awesome!
Yeah!! Glad you got to meet them! And glad you got to have a date with such a handsome young man! He has grown soooo much! I can't wait to see you all in three weeks!!!!! By the way, what are mom jeans? and do they make grandma jeans? They sound awesome! Love you! :)
AWW Awwww and AWWWWWWW!!!!! What a fun night!!!!
How cool is that, meeting up with Sethie's gf's parents?! And Joe makes a very very great date!!!
I hope you can feel my excitement despite the short comment! LOVE YOU!
Annie, you know I love you and you guys look really cute together.
I am curious...what warrants "mom jeans" in the eyes of a junior higher these days? Last I checked you are pretty hip for a mom!
Post a Comment