October 18, 2011

I am a Crockpot.

Sunday's message at church was about, um, uh, sex.  Specifically, it was about what the Bible says about sex.  And while it is too embarassing to talk about this subject more than I have to on this here blog, I will share that the message's main point was that sex is God's gift to us, intended for marriage.  What a nice gift, right?  Alright, that wasn't too awkward.  Dad, are you still reading?

This picture was used as an analogy to illustrate how men and women are different, and it made me chuckle (and I'm pretty sure I've never used the word "chuckle" before).  Women are complex when it comes to relationships and intimacy, while men pretty much have one switch that flips on and off.




And one more illustration-  men are like microwaves and women are like crockpots.  You get it, right?  Please don't make me explain.


And on that note, I've been using the crockpot a lot lately (how was that for a transition?).  I've just made a baked potato soup that was so yummy and earned rave reviews from Devon and Joe.  If you like baked potato soup, and you like your house to smell delicious all day, and you like to throw some ingredients in the crockpot and let the 'pot do the work, then try this recipe :)

Hmm, what else can I talk about?  I've been blogging every other day, keeping up with my challenge!  The only problem is that I'm running low on topics, as if that isn't already obvious by this sex-turned-soup recipe post.  Any suggestions?

7 comments:

Allison said...

I'm sorry to report that I don't get how we are like crockpots and men are like microwaves. It seems to me that microwaves have more buttons and settings, and a crockpot has two maybe three settings. Maybe that question will be answered over the phone...

Topics...lets see. I think you should take us on a tour of your various hair adventures. It will require you digging out pictures, but you are never afraid to try a new do or a new color. They all look great, and I think it would be fun to revisit them all. I think that posting another "mixed tape" post is a fun one too. While the topic is a redo, the content will not! I also think that you should write "best of" post as well. It could be a best of the past 10 years; best memories with my kids; best dates with my husband; or something of that sort. That's all I have! Love you.

Wilson Girlzz said...

Funny stuff.
Sorry, I don't get the crockpot analogy either....call me!

However, your soup sounds delish!

Allison has great ideas for topics, I'm diggin' each one of them. You could start a favorite outfit or what I wore series - you do have great style ;o)

Annie said...

Hey girlies! Okay, let me explain. Men, like microwaves, are quick to heat up- ready to go- ready for some lovin' at a moments notice! Us women, we are like slow cookers. We often take some time to get "in the mood", and to add to that, we like some TLC throughout the day before we are "ready to go", and TLC often equals help around the house, compliments, attention, etc. Gosh, we are a piece of work! It doesn't have anything to do with the buttons, it is more about the speed of heating up.

Al, I like your ideas- you've given me something to work with :)

Just Me said...

Annie, I got it right away. It is a cute and accurate analogy. Very funny. From what I can tell, Devy also gets it, helping around the house. When he's there.

Best of all I want to try the soup, in my little crock pot, with a downsized recipe. I would use all three garnishes, green onions, cheese and bacon. Yummmm!

Since I am a travel nut you could do Places I Would Like to Return to, or What I Learned in Europe. Actually, just do a travel book. Or Places I Would Like to Take My Husband and/or children(would include many possible outcomes). Or, since this is my own personal wish, maybe we can just go through your pics of Europe again sometime. We could put them into an album. It's cheaper than actually going there :-)

Lisa Blake said...

Good stuff!!!! HAHA! I can't wait to try the recipe! Maybe your reader's want a house tour? You know, you could show us around, the kitchen? :)))

That's all I got!!!!

Allison said...

The crock pot thing makes total sense now. I was looking at it from a completely different angle!

The Browns said...

I made the baked potato soup...DELICIOUS and so easy. Thank you for sharing:)