I was feeling domestic today.
I'm not gifted in the kitchen- not at all. I don't know much about dicing or spicing or grilling or roasting. Sadly, what I do best in the kitchen is to clean up after everyone else.
But today I was feeling frisky. I tied my apron strings and took to the kitchen, put a soup in the crock pot, roasted garlic, and baked chocolate chip cookies. And I made bacon to use as a garnish on the soup- I'd never made bacon before!
![]() |
| Devon just said that this picture of me is "just ehhh". But I am using it anyway. |
Someday, when I get to heaven, I hope that I get to eat roasted garlic with every meal. Yum, yum, yum, lick-my-fingers yum! I ate the entire clove by myself this afternoon, and my breath could now be my Halloween costume. Scary!
The recipes that I find on Pinterest have proven to be delicious. I bring my laptop into the kitchen and I read the recipe right off the Internet, and it makes me realize that the Internet is replacing the need for cookbooks, which is a fact that probably translates as curse words to a cookbook aficionado like my mom. :)
Now, lets talk about my hair. There is a current hair fad called "ombre". Ombre hair has darker roots that fade into lighter ends.
I imagine that somewhere in the world, the hair people had a meeting and said, "In this poor economy, let's be nice to the housewives with blond highlights- let's decide that dark roots be in style for a while." I just have to thank those people, because as my budget would have it, my roots have never been worse, but I can kind of pull it off like it is intentional, you know, as if I am somewhat hip to the current hair trends.
You know who else needs some hair TLC? Bubs. His hair is so wacky and overgrown, but he says, "Only Molly cuts my hair!" So, Aunt Molly, please help our little man.
Maybe Max should have been Eddie Munster for Halloween...
The Halloween festivities have begun. Lucy got to wear her costume to ballet class this week.
She is a Barbie Superhero, and she LOVES her costume.
Stroller Strides had an evening workout last night, and husbands and costumes were welcomed. So I got to work out with Devon, Spiderman, and Barbie Superhero.
The adventures of Barbie Superhero and Spiderman are just beginning, so stay tuned! What costumes are you and your family wearing for Halloween?
Okay, my garlic breath and I are clicking "publish". Goodnight!






4 comments:
You're so domestic:) I've made that soup twice now and the pulled pork...so DELICIOUS. I really like that website.
As for the hair, LOVE IT. I wish I could curl my hair to make it look like that, but I'm clueless.
Superhero Barbie and Spidey look great. Have fun this weekend and on Halloween. Can't wait to see the pics.
We really loved your domestic-ness (is that a word?) yesterday! Who ever said that food should not be comfort food, is just crazy! It works wonders on me when I'm stressed, as it did yesterday. Thanks for the comfort!
As for the hair, I LOVE IT! I saw that picture of Jessica on Pinterest and thought that's just what I want for the winter.
And, Lisa, for the curls... here's the tutorial... so easy!
http://thebeautydepartment.com/2011/05/gotta-go/
(Is that right... Lisa Brown? I'm still figuring it out. Maybe we'll meet some day.)
I love your hair the way you are curling it. Love your domestic look.
I remember looong ago when Blondie started the dark roots trend. Went away, came back.
Max has a widow's peak like my mom did. That's what she called it. Very cute on Loverboy Munster.
Awe, you in your apron...much love right there!
The Eddie Munster picture CRACKED me UP!! Oh, man, it's perfect! Almost as perfect as the gnome...almost.
We've got a bumble bee and a princess hittin' the streets tonight.
Love yoU!
Post a Comment