Okay, friends. I've said it before, and I'll say it again- I really don't watch Dancing With The Stars. And I don't know why I'm so adamant about not watching this reality TV ballroom competition when, clearly, I do watch the show. I have favorites and opinions, and I caught the last half of last night's season opener, and all I have to say is
GO DANIEL-SAN!!!
Surely you recognize Ralph Macchio. He hasn't changed much in the 26 years since he wax-on wax-off-ed his way into the hearts of a generation. Yes, that is right- The Karate Kid was made in 1984! (How could 5-year-old me not fall in love with the Jersey-boy living in Reseda who spent Halloween as a shower?) I made the comment to Devon, "He looks the same! Ahh, I love him!" and Devon said, "No he doesn't. He looks old." But then during the footage of Ralph dancing, we learned that he is 49 years old, and Dev choked a little bit, like, "Whaaaa? He is 49!!?? Okay, he looks pretty good."
It is worth noting that he and his partner Karina (yeah, she's pretty cool) earned the highest score of the night. If I watched the show, which I don't, I'd totally vote for him. He makes me want to change my name to "Annie with an i."
Bonus points if you can sing the song from The Karate Kid called "The Best Around." "You're the best around! Nothin's gonna eva' keep ya' down!" Devon looked at me like I was crazy while I was singing it to him- obviously the song didn't leave the same impression on him as it did on me. Seems like 14 year old Devon was out causing mischief while little Annie with an i was watching Mr. Miyagi teach Daniel-san to paint the fence.
In other news, I won something! The preschool carnival that we went to on Saturday? The one where Joe won the Cookie Monster cake? Well, I threw some tickets into a raffle, and I won the Fun Family Night "In" gift basket! Woohoo! When I got the winning phone call, I did a little dance of joy, and Joe joined me, and our jubilee woke up Max from his nap, and Bubs was not happy!
Anyway, the basket has everything that we need for some good wholesome fun in the comfort of our living room. A gift certificate for Papa Murphy's, popcorn, a variety of popcorn flavoring, candy, board games, DVDs, Snuggies... We opened Candy Land right away, and Lucy was very excited to play, but we couldn't get Max to get off the board. That is where he insisted on sitting- right on the board. Next time, we won't play on the floor, or when Max is around. :)


8 comments:
Totally remember Daniel-san!! Love that movie! I have to agree, he looks great! In other news, how cool is it that you won the gift basket??? Last week Molly won two and now you win one? I want one! Where do I sign up? Love you!! :)
WOOHOO for winning!!! That basket looks like a rootin tootin good time!!! :)
Okay, you know your props for Daniel do not fall on deaf ears in this house! Karate Kid is and will always be our (well my) FAVORITE MOVIE! I could watch it over and over! He does look phenomenal for his age!!! I don't watch, but I should tune in just to see him in action!
Okay, so I HAD TO call Adam over when I got to the "You're the Best" song. I don't know if you know this, but he sings it REGULARLY! Really! It's totally true. So, now of course, he's hooked on watching DWTS. You're about to be at my house and he cued up the Daniel-san flick, just so you know he's THAT COOL! Ahhh... what am I going to do with him?
Love all the games and Lucy last night was so funny... "I want to talk to Katie"... "Hey Katie?" Me: "Hey Lucy?"... nothing... uhhhh? Too funny!
I never watch that show...but maybe I'll have to start!!! I can't believe he is 49. Where has the time gone?!
And the gift basket---SCORE!! That looks like such a great prize:)
Looks like a great night at the home movies! I too feel very special when I win anything at all. You scored!
Oh, yeah, of course I remember Karate Kid and the song. Since I have been around a loooong time :-)
I too was watching DWTS even tho I said to myself I was not going to watch this time because the cast seemed so boring. Kirsti Alley? BOOORING! BUT I did watch and I thought she and Daniel-san did the very best dances. I was pleasantly surprised and have to take back my "BORING" comment. The only obvious dud was the talk show host guy whom I have never seen or heard of before. The rest all have huge potential.
Soooooo......I'll be there on Monday nights for DWTS as always.
Confession - I've never seen Karate Kid and I don't watch DWTS.
Can we still be friends?
Even though I didn't know where half of your jokes were coming from, I was laughing - yes, you are that funny. I think the best was how you explained what the 14 year old Devon was doing while Annie with an i was at home. :o)
Love the basket you won - that sucker is loaded!
Hey - I just came back and your new banner and color scheme ROCKS!
Happy Spring!!
Will you teach me how to do your fancy banners? please?!
Sister.. your basket of swag totally beats mine!! That is so awesome!! I hope you have some fantastic family nights with it!! And What night is dancing with the stars on?? I wanna start watching too!! Love you sissy!!
Post a Comment