March 11, 2011

An Update, on Friday; The Friday Update

We are almost out of Girl Scout cookies.  Like, the Samoas are gone and there are 3 Thin Mints left in the box.  I can't decide if this is good news or bad news.

Devon is home with us today.  This morning, I felt ginormous pressure to find something cool to do, like take Max and Lucy to a museum (I know what you are thinking. "Max?  Museum?  Really, Annie?"), or to KidzBounce (not open on Fridays), or the zoo (it is kinda rainy and cold), or the park (again, rainy and cold).  Ugh- I couldn't think of a brilliant daddy-is-home-and-it-is-Friday kind of activity, and it stressed me out until about 1:30, which was when I finally accepted that we are just going to do our regular thing today, and I'll put Devon to work a bit, making Lucy's lunch, coaching Joe through homework (yes, he has homework on Fridays.  Absurd!  Can't we he get the weekend off?), etc.

Devon went to Stroller Strides this morning.  I've got to give proper respect to my husband for being the only man in a room full of women and children, working up a sweat!  What a guy!  He enjoyed the class, and the occupants of my stroller were so thrilled to have him there ("Daddy!  Daddy!  Daddy!"), and afterward he said, "What a great workout!  I got my butt kicked!", which made me feel like a stud-muffin as I polished my knuckles on my collarbone and thought, "Yeah, it is just how I roll- me and the mamas, getting our butts kicked- it is all in a day's work."

Do you all get the Costco coupon books in the mail?  Gosh, I love those things.  Right now they have a coupon for the bakery's braided apple strudels, which are so delicious and healthy too!  (No, I don't think that they are healthy, but they have fruit, right?). 

Yesterday, at Costco, I bought new swimsuits for Max and Lucy.  Not that they are going to need to wear swimsuits until late July, but they were cute and Disney and I figured that if I didn't buy them now then they would soon be gone...  I tried to hide the suits from Lucy so that I could present them when the time was right (like, when we could at least SEE the sun, much less feel its warmth!), but, alas, she found them, and now she won't take the little pink princess ruffly swimsuit off.  Seriously.  She wants to wear it out of the house.  Max really likes his Toy Story suit too, but he isn't spending the day in it or asking to sleep in it.

I figured that bath+swimsuit=swimming.  Right?

That is the best picture that I've taken in a while.  Except for this one-


What a lucky little diaper-boy, napping on daddy's chest!

Did you know that I get to see these girls in 35 days????????


(summer 2004)

An A-Team reunion!  We haven't all been together since October 2007.  Nearly 3 and a half years ago!!!  WHAT!?!?!?  I am beyond excited! :)

Anyway, now I'm off to go shopping for bridesmaid dresses with a group of girlfriends, one of whom is getttng married in September.

Happy weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friday updates by Annie ROCK!!! Oh my goodness! Where to begin?! You crack me up first of all! Being out of girl scout cookies, especially samoas is indeed a bad thing! :) Especially since you and your hubby are rocking the stroller strides gig! :) Way to go Dev for going! I went once and I am pretty sure I embarassed Annie!

It is completely absurd that Joe has homework on the weekend! The Costco coupon book is exciting around here too! We are on board for the starbucks frapp's in a bottle for 3.50 off! :)

The swimsuits are adorable and I think the bath is the perfect debut!!!

You and your girl posse are so tan and fabulous in that photo! Go A team! I am so excited for you guys!!! Maybe a hair envious! Lots of pictures are mandatory!

Happy Weekend!!!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Ah, I have missed you!
You are funny and your Friday sounds like it was better than mine...for sure!

Hey, I want to request some editing on that last picture...um you and Al look fabulous and I have a butt-part! What gives? Am I in trouble for not (or never) calling?

HA!! HAA!!

Just Me said...

Love the pic of Devon with sleeping diaper baby. How very sweet! Love the pics of the new swim suits too.

Allison said...

We look like mere girls in that picture!

I too mourn when the Samoa's are out in our house. I don't care how long they have been called Carmel Delight's-they will always be Samoa's in my world.

I can't wait to see your shining face in just 35 days!!! Hooray!

The Browns said...

Lucy is such a character...LOVE her!! And snuggly Max...so sweet!!

Oh, so exciting about your A reunion:) You girl are going to have such a great time!

Molly Andersson said...

I love your kids!! They are so cute!! and I'm so jealous you get a fun vacation!! I love girl scout cookies!! in fact we have a few thin mints left i just might finish today!! :)