Like most little girls, Lucy loves to play dress-up.
She loves to be fancy and look like a princess,
and her collection of dress-up items has grown to be pretty impressive.
It began with the costume dress that she received on her 2nd birthday-
And then we added some garage sale treasures-
And piece by piece, it has all come together to become a make-believe wardrobe that provides hour and hours of fun,
but,
I've never quite know how to keep it orderly.
My friend Katie found this idea on this website-
It is so cute and I could make it for not too much money,
but then my friend Andrea suggested that I use something that I already own-
a small armoire with shelves inside.
So, this morning I took the shelves out of the armoire, removed the doors, added a dowel for the hangers,
and voila!
Everything is hung up nicely and is within Lucy's reach!
Yes, I am kidding myself to believe that Lucy will hang up all the dresses by herself after her daily costume changes.
But, hey, even if I end up being the one to re-hang, at least I don't have to fetch the dresses for her now that she can reach them!
Max and Lucy were playing together nicely while I organized the closet,
so I continued to pick-up the rest of the room, which looks like this-
A Tuesday morning well spent!
Wanna come play?










9 comments:
Does Lucy know auntie molly has a dress rack too?? You did such a great job and it is a perfect place for all her princess stuff!! Lucky girl!! and Their room is soo cute!! They should sleep in there :) You should come help me clean my room :) Love you!
This is perfect, what a great idea! I just love the pic of Lucy age 2 wearing her first? princess dress. She looks so very pleased about it. I can't wait to come over and play, Lucy! How wonderful to have such friends, Annie, to give you these great idea to make your life a tad bit easier.
Nicely done Annie! I am so impressed! I must say that is an amazing collection of princess dresses! Their room looks great and I love the picture of Max on his little car bed :) Love you!
Love this idea! I need to make one for Ainsley. :)
HECK YEAH!
You totally rock!!
That is the most perfect place for Lucy's dresses! I'm so happy it all worked!!
Their room does look good, all sparkling and clean. Molly made me laugh, I agree, they should sleep in there, it's lovely!
I want to come play! Olivia is just starting to get into the dress up stage, I'm definitely seeing something similar in my future. I love it, you did such a fabulous job! Lucy is one lucky girl :)
Are you KIDDING?????????? I am stunned!!!!! I wonder how adequately I can express this one handed!!! I love it and I am super impressed!!!!!! Yes, we want to play!!!!!!!! I am so inspired!!!! love ya
No more Tanner Blake's blog for school! :) It took me only a month to figure this out!
You rock!! What a great idea :-)
Post a Comment