March 15, 2011

Our Princess World

In our house, the boys outnumber the girls.
And there is plenty of evidence of the boys' existence. 
We have a closet full of comic books, and boxes of super hero action figures, and a whole bunch of Star Wars crap, and enough Legos to fill a bathtub, and a calendar of softball and little league games, and Toy Story movies on a continuous loop on the screen...

But I've got to say that there is a strong presence of girl around here. 
Lucy does her part to keep the hero/princess scale balanced (and sometimes she is able to pull Max in on her fun!).

tent

While the rest of the family watched Megamind, Max was happy to sit in the princess tent and read Lucy’s books.

princesslu

Lucy’s ensemble as we left the house yesterday.  Who am I to tell her to wear something more conventional?

I picked up this cd at the library, and it is awesome.
cd

Devon won’t play it, and Joe lets out a loud groan, but as for the rest of us, we love it!
I pulled out my camera at a stop sign so that I could share what I love about playing this cd in the car.



Yes, we like our princess world!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ANNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST Video EVER!!!!!!

So adorable!!! TYping one handed,,,feeding and will be back for more!!! I am dying...so cut@!!!

Anonymous said...

ANNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST Video EVER!!!!!!

So adorable!!! TYping one handed,,,feeding and will be back for more!!! I am dying...so cut@!!!

Jami said...

Annie you do such a great job catpuring what being a mother really is like! Watching Max and Lucy together makes me so excited cause we just found out that we are having a littly boy :) I hope Mia dresses him up!!!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

No video for me :o(

You know pink rocks our world too! And, I secretly love that it does!!

Lucy's eyes are intense and awesome in the last picture - kind of gives me the chills...

Just Me said...

Ohhh, I so love Lucy and Max singing Once Upon a Dream,my favorite princess song ever! The pic of Lucy is incredible! Did you paint the butterfly on her? It is really stunning. SHE is really stunning. Lucy's eyes are so awesome indeed!

The Browns said...

I LOVE how all girl Lucy is:). It's so sweet. Logann hasn't really developed her own taste yet, but I'll keep you posted on how it plays out.

And, yes...the time is flying by!! I'm so excited, but know I have a lot of surprises in store for me. I'm trying to soak up all the Logann time I can!! I hope she does okay...I'm a little worried because she's really a momma's girl. Any advise ladies?

Sarah said...

Ains has the same dress! She literally wore it every day from the beginning of October until Christmas. With the addition of more princess dresses she has just put it into rotation. :) I think she would probably go crazy for Lucy's princess tent too. I'm sure someday not far in the future we will find Liam dressed up in princess attire because Ainsley thinks everyone should be a princess!