Max's vocabulary has been expanding rapidly, kind of like he is having a communication growth spurt. I so enjoy being witness to his new words. Language fascinates me, I've realized, and watching a person learn a language is pretty cool, in my opinion.
He has learned potty talk- "poo" and "pee".
He is expressing most of his needs- "more", "done", "no", "yeah", "peeze" (please).
He takes roll-call several times a day- "dada?" at work, "Joe?" at school, "Ceecee?" (don't know if he saying Lucy or Sissy) she is right here!, "mama?" yes, Bubs?
Whenever the phone rights, he announces, "Tutu!" (my mom).
Sometimes, when I am using my computer, he sits on my lap and requests, "Doh-Doh!" meaning that he would like to Skype with Coco (my dad).
He identifies anything round as "ball!" and when Devon is watching football on TV, he cheers "go!" and "dowdow!" (touchdown).
He requests his favorite song in the car, "Oooh Waaa!"
He love to take a "bah-tee" (bath).
And when he is hungry he declares, "bye-eat!" (bite).
All light-bulbs, candles, fireplaces, items on the stove or in the oven are "hottt!".
Sometimes he needs a translator, and I pride myself on being the person who knows, "Oh, he saying Santa. 'Doh-da' is Santa."
Lately, my favorite word to hear from Max is "too". If Lucy asks for a snack, Max is close on her heels traveling to the kitchen, saying "Too! Too!", meaning, of course, "Me too! I want a snack too!"
If I am getting ready to go somewhere, he follows me around carrying he shoes and asking, "Too? Too?". He wants to go too.
And though I've heard him say, "A duh woo" (I love you), (so I know that he can say it), when I tell him, "I love you, Max," he simply replies, "Too." He loves me too!
![]() |
| Picture from Jacqui, taken on our visit to The Children's Museum in Seattle |

7 comments:
ADORABLE!!!
Oh, little Maxy is so talking, but I mostly need an interpreter still :-) Every time I come over I notice he says new words. I do here the "done" and the one word comments he makes but it is so cute when he earnestly tells me something in Max Speak and I have no idea what he is saying. And I want to so much!
And of course I can't wait till he says some semblance of "grama." Right now I think I am "ama." His "mommy" is very distinct so I am thinking this is so (Hoping?). He is such a prescious one with such a kind spirit inside. I am so proud to be his "ama."
Being the mama-translator is the best...it's like a secret that only the family is in on...and families are special.
"too!"
i love him!! come here soon so i can love on him and hear him talk!!
Oh he so cute!!! I can attest to these skills because he called me the other day looking for Toots!!! :)
Your kids are seriously born talking!!! The verbal gene runs deep in the Rantz family! Who should we attribute this trait to? I don't know about Dev but I am pretty sure your Mom said you were the same way! :)
I love this picture of him as well!
OK I am checking in here (again) as Devon's mom with my completely unbiased opinion. Devon was an early talker and walker and climbed on everything like Max does. I think these kids got the best traits of both patents...both beautiful and smart. I am sooo happy you married my son Annie. (sorry my comma key does not work anymore)
I meant "parents" of course.
Post a Comment