Last night was the annual
Reason-to-Buy-a-New-Dress-and-Get-Dressed-Up-and-Wear-More-Make-up-Than-Usual Party
also known as the
Sleep Country Christmas Party
(which is Devon's work party).
We looked like this-
We had a really nice evening, spent mingling with all of the great people that Devon works with,
and today I am officially suffering from what my friend Andrea and I refer to as a "fun-over", which is much like a hang-over except that it is caused by fun rather than by alcohol.
While I only consumed one "adult beverage", and that happened at the beginning of the night, I feel extra thirsty this morning.
And being out later than usual last night has left me feeling sluggish today.
And my eyes are burning and dry, like I could have slept for a few more hours this morning had I not been called to my motherly duties.
And my feet hurt from standing and from wearing heels.
And I may not have washed off all of my eye-liner before going to bed, and my voice is a little weak from making small talk over the loud music.
So there you have it, a fun-over.
Changing the subject,
there are so many fantastic blogs to read: blogs about cooking, crafting, parenting, shopping, decorating...
I have my list on my "favorites", and I try to check them all every day, as they inspire and entertain me.
Lately, my favorite is Enjoying the Small Things, which I discovered through my Lott Ladies (Katie and Jacqui). I enjoy the author's (Kelle Hampton) writing style, photography, stories, creativity, not to mention the fact that in addition to her babies, she is a step-mom to two boys, (I happen to think that stepmothers are awesome, proving wrong the reputation of "evil stepmother"). If you have a tissue handy, click on the tab that reads "Start Here If You're New" . After that, you might be hooked.
Yesterday's post on Enjoying the Small Things was one of those that found me nodding my head and saying
"yes, yes, uh-huh, yes, me too, yes..."
"yes, yes, uh-huh, yes, me too, yes..."
meaning that I completely related to what I was reading, like she was speaking my mind (except that she does it better!),
and it happened to be Kelle's thoughts about blogging.
So I'd like to share:

10 comments:
I'm sure I'll be nursing a fun-over on Saturday. We're going to a Christmas party with all of the Seattle-area photographers. Should be good fun, but I have nothing to wear. You know how some people say that but it's not really true? Well this time it's totally true! Gotta love the transition from pregnancy clothes to regular clothes...and that stretch in the middle where nothing really fits right. Anyway, you looked lovely in your party outfit! And I frequently find Ainsley climbing on things to get stuff she's not supposed to be into. Once I caught her hanging from her dresser in an attempt to rescue her fairy wings. Excellent! :)
Annie, you looked beeuuutiful last night and Dev too.
Dr. Donna says Drink lots of water :-)
I hate to tell you this but Max is doing EXACTLY what his daddy did. Climbing up, over, around or under EVERYTHING! So take heart. His daddy turned out to be a very special man and your little guy will too. (Just taking the long view here :-))
Girlfriend! Devon's got one fine piece of arm candy goin' on!! Yowza!!
Ahhh, the Fun-Over ;o)
I hope your recovery isn't taking too long and that some kiddos treat you to an extra long nap session today for a little quiet time.
I'm excited to check out the recommended read! Thanks for sharing!!
love you!
F-U-N!!!!!!! You guys really looked soooooo good!!!! Too bad they didn't have a red carpet ready for you Mama! Andrea has a good name for it...fun over is perfect! You smile too much don't sleep enough and it leaves you pooped! Well again, you looked fabulous!
I am super excited to check out the post. I love that blog too but had forgotten about it. Thanks for posting yourself because you are one of my favorite daily reads! :)
Now control that son of yours! :)))))) hehe
Ok, me again...I can't get over that picture of you two. You both look stunning and so grown up. We are grown ups Annie! It's so weird! We are hiring babysitters instead of babysitting! WEIRD!
:)
Oh dear, it appears I am baaaack! :) Just read the post on enjoying the small things and I loved it!!! Off to feed my good wolf :)!
You look HOT!!! And I adore "Enjoying the Small Things" as well... her attitude is simply amazing!
You look amazing Annie! I am thrilled that the two of you got away for the evening. I can not believe how adventurous little Max is! Crazy.
Um, GORGEOUS!!! How proud Devon must have been!
P.S.
Your kitchen looks really homey! :)
Post a Comment