June 17, 2010

Middle School, Here We Come! (Yikes!)


He did it!
And I did it too!
We finished the 5th grade!
Today was Joe's last day of school, and, perhaps more importantly, it was his last day of elementary school.

On Monday afternoon, Devon, Lucy, Max and I attended the 5th grade Farewell Ceremony, which was really a graduation of sorts.  My first thought was Oh no, I didn't even bring any tissue! but Max and Lucy made sure that I did not sit and enjoy the ceremony long enough to even shed a tear.
Max squealed and ran around, screamed, laughed, climbed onto stacked tables, fell and cried....
And Lucy was bored to tears, often asking is this over yet? and occasionally making noises as she tapped on walls or stomped her feet.
Yes, we were "that" family at the back of the crowded room :)




Ah yes, the life of a mama!

5 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

Congrats to Joe the Jr. Higher (that's what we called it back in my day) and to YOU too!!

I can't believe how grown up he is and how fast time goes by...I want to say that Joe was only 5 or 6 when I first met him??? Maybe that's too young??

Either way - Middle School is HUGE!
I applaud you both :o)
Now go enjoy your summers!!

Allison said...

Hooray for graduating from 5th grade! I bet you both would do well on "Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader?!?" Congratulations to you both!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

HA! YAY JOE and YAY MAMA!!!!

Bored Lucy is killing me!!!! So cute!!!

No more homework, school lunches, and have you seen my other sock all before breakfast! :) Well at least for 8 weeks or so right?!

Joe is going to rock middle school!!!

comfy cozy said...

Cograts to Joe and the amazing mama that helped get him there! "School's out for summer!" Yay!!!

That pic of Joe and his buddies is so sweet; I love that they are all properly dressed up! And that pic of pouty Lucy in her own little adorable ensemble- cute, cute, cute!

Just Me said...

Congratulations Mama Rantz and Joseph. You made it! You lived through it together! Now comes Junior High (yes, that's what it was called when I went to school but it was 7th and 8th grade) and then high school. I hate to even mention that so enjoy your summer while you can :-)