Yesterday after church, Lucy ran up to me, handed me the green heart with the pink yarn and excitedly recited, "Mom! Do nuffing shellfish!"
My heart swelled with pride! "Lucy! Did you memorize that Bible verse? Great job! Do you know what it means?"
"Yes, it means to always share with my friends." And off she ran- the artwork had been delivered, the verse had been recited, and, later, the heart had been pinned on the cork board in our kitchen.
This afternoon, as we sat and ate our peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, she asked, "Mom? Can we go to the park? Can me and Maxy swing at the park? And can we play on the grass- the grass that is green? Green grass like the green heart that I made at church..." She had glanced at the cork board.
I saw an opportunity to test her: "Lucy, do you remember the Bible verse?"
"Yes. Do (oh my gosh!) nuffing (she is going to remember! My little Bible scholar!) seashell!"
So there you have it, the inspired words of God: Do nothing seashell :)
7 comments:
LOVE IT!
That's such a sweet story!
As you know I LOVE seashells...ohhhh she is so my granddaughter!!! Very cute story :)
Oh Annie, SO STINKING CUTE and quite honestly warmed my heart SO MUCH today!!! I wuv Wucy and Seashells!!!!
PITTER-PATTER!!!!!!
What an adorable (and well-written, as usual. Sheesh, write that book already!) story!
Oh Lucy! Shellfish...seashell...it's all the same! :)
Oh, I am laughing so hard! What a little sweetheart. And yes, seashells is good! Go Lucy!d
"Do nuffing seashell."
Lucy has such a funny sense of humor with out even trying!
Post a Comment