May 2, 2010

Fall Into the Gap

Every so often, Gap offers an additional 40% off their clearance prices. I came across such a sale last week, and it is just amazing how a $9.99 shirt doesn't interest me, but knock that price down to $5.99, and the same shirt suddenly has loads of potential!


An additional 40% discount makes me a little kooky.


Exhibit A:

Patchwork jeans. These jeans were originally priced $79.50, and I took them home for $14.99! A fantastic deal, yes, but do I need these jeans? Do I even like these jeans?

Exhibit B:

Camouflage cargo pants. Originally $69.50, these bad-boys only set me back $8.39. However, am I a nine-year-old boy? Do I think that huge cargo pockets on my thighs will somehow be flattering?

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being "YIKES" and 10 being "NICE FIND!", how terrible are these pants?

8 comments:

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

:) Too funny! I am giggling too much to rate, I am afraid!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Not afraid as in I am scared...:) but I'm afraid as in a way of speaking...get it? Had to clarify :)!!!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Annie, my dear sweet Annie...I too love a good deal...but...

1 on the patchwork specials, because, well they are "special"

5 on the camo, because, you could always rock them for a quick Halloween costume.

Sorry.
Please don't hate me!

Just Me said...

Nice find? Well, good deals...are you planning on wearing them anywhere?

Allison said...

Is this a trick question? This is like when I come out of the closet and ask my husband if a pair of pants makes my butt look big. The answer is always no, but you are asking...

Sometimes when something goes on clearance, there is a reason that it did not sell at regular price or at the sale price...the patch work jeans fall into that category. Sorry!

Now for the silver lining, the camo pants could eventually find a use in your clothing repertoire one day. Maybe the Rantz clan will become avid campers or paintball enthusiasts. Either way-the camo pants are something to hold on to incase you need to disguise yourself in a green leafy forest! The pants will be that purchase that will sit in your closet for a long time, until one day you really do need them. Then you can blog about your unexpected need for camo pants! I can't wait to read all about it.

Annie said...

I LOVE THESE RESPONSES!
Don't worry- my feelings are not hurt at all!
By the time that I posted this blog, I'd already decided to return both pairs.
Though I am sure that the camo pants could come in handy someday...

Leslie said...

Wow!!! I didn't actually see what you bought! I vote take them both back!! Maybe I should have shared your dressing room after all! Here is a little saying that may help "have nothing in your house that isn't useful or you find to be beautiful" :) love you!!!

Just Me said...

Love your comment, Leslie, and I will add to that to keep no clothes that don't make you feel beautiful or at least good. No matter what anyone else may think, if you wear something that makes you feel good, wear it and keep it!