My laptop is dying a slow and painful death, and my children don't let me have two minutes to myself anyway, so it has been a whole week since I have been able to post!
But Devon is home right now, and I am hogging his computer for as long as he will let me. But I do have both Max and Lu on my lap, so I'd better make this quick!
I had a really nice Mother's Day- we went to church and then off to the Mariner's game with the fam and my Mother-in-Law, Donna. The Mariners won, which is what Devon called a "Mother's Day Miracle".

Last week I visited the pediatrician's office 3 times- once for each child, and all for different ailments! Lucy's visit was regarding her sensitive skin, and we scored a prescription, and her face looks so much better! I'll get a great picture soon, so that y'all can see and remember what Baby Lulu looks like without scratches all over her pretty cheeks :)
The doctor's office has a poster that totally bugs me. It looks like this:

and reads The trick about life is to make it looks easy.
I'm not sure why this message bothers me so much. I've been meaning to sit down and write a diatribe about why the trick about life is not, in fact, to make it look easy. Or, perhaps I have been going about this all wrong, and the trick about life really is to make it look easy. Thoughts? Anyway, Max loves the poster and points at it and exclaims "dah gah!" several times (which translates "doggy").
Mama Rantz out!
5 comments:
I had fun too at the game, thanks. Life easy? Well, maybe it is about the results. If the results are good it looks from the outside like it was easy because your efforts brought favorable results. You have three good healthy, delightful happy kids!
Cute pictures! Sorry about your multiple trips to the Dr....no fun! Wish I had time to answer your question! :) I guess I am failing at the making it look easy idea! :))))
Hellooooo!!!
Cute fam pic! I'm glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day; I got served in bed all day long! :)
Okay, and for the record, the image on the poster is kinda annoying too. Maybe you don't like the message because it infers that one must "make" it look easy, which seems a tad contrived and fake...at least that's what I get from it. Or maybe I'm going too deep as usual! :)
Hellllooooo to you toooooo!!!
Super great picture at the game! Love it! Max cracks me up :o)
I'm sorry you've been to the doctors office so many times and have had to see that weird poster on every occassion.
My thoughts, let's just all be honest with each other and quit faking...if it's not easy, who cares?! And if it's not easy, and you make it through, then kudos to you!
Well said ladies! :)
Post a Comment