Yesterday I took my little Princess Lucy to see Disney on Ice! She was delighted that we left the boys at home-even Max!-and that we listened to her favorite song on repeat in the car (Taylor Swift, "Love Story").
Sometimes I wonder if I get more enjoyment out of such an outing than Lucy does.
I get to surprise her by saying "Yes!" during intermission when she asks me for a $12 snow cone! (The tickets were free, so I figured that I could splurge on some souvenirs, but $12!?! I felt robbed!)
And when the show reaches the finale, and she asks me, "Mom, can we see it again?" I get to know that she had a wonderful time.
And when we get in the car, and all of her princess loot is piled on her lap, I get to hear her call her daddy to tell him all about the show.
But, I've saved the best for last. I get to enjoy this silly, terrible picture of Lucy for the rest of my life :)
I can't help it! It makes me laugh!
7 comments:
I'm SO SO SO happy you posted pictures of the special day you two had! I can't believe how cute Lucy is and that last picture...is a classic! Save that one!
My jaw nearly dropped to the floor when I heard that Lucy's favorite song is Love Story...no lie, Elsie is IN LOVE with Taylor Swift and she actually sings along and dances!
Great post, love the pictures, and maybe someday our little princess' will be BFF's just like their mamas!!
Annie!!!! SO ADORABLE!!!! Is it strange that I am weepy??? What an amazing mother/daughter moment you two shared?! You both looked fantastic by the way!! I have always wanted to take Kennedy to see Disney on Ice!
The 12 dollar snow cone made me even weepier! Just so sweet, because you know how memorable this will be for her!!!
The pictures were the best! I feel like I was right there with you girls! My favorite recent memory is of Lucy singing Taylor Swift!
Way to go Momma!!!
I was delighted to read about your very special day, I almost felt like I was there! But my favorite part was how much delight you took in your very special girl. It made my heart soar :)
P.S. I LOVED the pictures, give Lucy a hug and kiss from me!
Aww, Annie! What a picture perfect post! You are such a good mama and it's so sweet to hear how much enjoyment you get from her and doing the things she loves! I can't wait for those days!!
That last picture of Lucy is sooo funny! That expression is priceless, just as the snowcone apparently was too! My gosh, that is highway robbery and should be outlawed! That makes me kinda mad actually...especially in these hard times!
And you look amazing! I love your outfit! Sassy! :)
That is classic! I cannot wait to do that stuff with Mia. You are a fantastic Mom!!! That last picture made me laugh out loud really hard thanks for that :)
I love her sitting with her princess loot and looking so happy. That is a look we don't get to photograph easily. What fun for both of you! She got to have her mommy and her princesses all to herself. She is a doll!
What a fun time! I bet she will remember this! You are such a great Mom, and look at you two beauties! What a wonderful mother-daughter event. Great photos!
Post a Comment