I'm a fan and all, but I've got to admit that I had my doubts about seeing a movie that began at midnight. Sure, I was very excited to see the movie, but I've never been to a midnight movie before, and I was kind of dreading waiting in line for hours, and I couldn't ignore the voice in my head that kept reminding me, "you are too old for this!" Like all tired mamas, I like my bed! Bedtime is happy-time!
When the theatre doors finally opened, the crowd cheered as if Edward Cullen himself had opened them. The line slowly moved through the black ropes, zig-zagging back and forth, and once we were in at last, our friend Robin ran, literally ran, and got great seats! Throughout the film, girls would hoot and holler whenever Edward or Jacob were on the screen. It was really fun to experience the camaraderie of the fan club, the time with my friends, and the entertainment of the beloved Vampires and Werewolves that brought us all together :)
6 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you had a great time and kept your eyes open. How are you feeling today? I'm betting Max and Lucy didn't really care that you desperately needed a nap! :( Hope you catch up on some sleep this weekend. Maybe I'll have to bite the bullet and read the books so I can join the frenzy next time. Sometimes those things are just what we need to feel young again. :)
Your experience was like and unlike mine at the midnight showing of New Moon. I had bought my tickets earlier in the day and I also had a ticket I had accidentlaly bought online to Twilight. And boy was I glad I had that accidental ticket. It got me into Twilight as girls sat outside the theatre waiting for New Moon to start at midnight. I was never in a line. Not once. The exit afterward of all those stadiums showing the film ending at once was huge. Sooo many people flowing out of the same movie showing in different stadiums at 2:30am or so. It was quite the experience, even though I saw it alone. Next day I saw it with my friend Marianne who had not read the books but had seen the Twilight movie. I enjoyed the actual movie more, I could get into it more and I intend to go again today! I know, speaking of being too old. I am a TwiGran! I might have been the oldest person there but I didn't really notice 'cause I really didn't care!
You are so cute, you groupie!
I'm glad you had fun with the girls and managed to stay awake the whole time...I probably would have pooped out way early on! Starbucks would have been a must! Nice work ;o)
p.s. you are cute! you blondie amongst all the Pacific Northwest brunettes!!
Watch out!!! Annie you are a nut!!! I love it!!! How fun!!! You would have probably not caught me there for anything but how embarrassed would you have been by your goofy friend Lisa at Midnight?! You are absolutely stunning btw! Skinny minny and I love your hair cut and your cute blue top!!!
I am soooo glad that you got good seats because that was my biggest worry for you!!!! Yay for stepping out there and having some fun!!!
Missing you!!!
It sure was a blast! I'm so glad that we got to be rookie midnighter's together. I think that I shouldn't have had that coffee though. The coke would have done just fine. REALLY, what was I thinking? I just always get a cherry coke when I go to the movies, it's my thing. Since I had finished the coffee right after we got to the theater, I wasn't thinking too much about the caffeine! After getting home I got on-line, then Grey woke up... got him back to sleep, then started Twilight. But Adam woke Grey up again while using the bathroom, and this time he wouldn't just go back down in his crib, so I held him for a while on the couch... dozzing off. Finally, around 5am I got up and put him in bed for good. But wait, at 7:30 my alarm went off and I had to get up for Madison, and ADAM stayed in BED! I got to take a nap after he took the boys to school on his way to work, and actually got another 2 hours of sleep (Grey and Madison did too). But I was still dead to the world most of the day, entertaining kiddos.
All in all, it was so much fun!!! I had a blast with you and Mary Beth. I'm so glad she got those waffle fries too... so good. But maybe next time (in June for Eclipse) we should just go to a regular timed show, and then go out afterward so we can coherently discuss the movie! Happy hour and drinks!
Yay for girlfriends and feeling young again! I'm proud of you that you just did it! I would have been soooo tempted too to just stay at home but sometimes you gotta just get out there and experience life (and a little Edward too!)!
I saw Stephaine Meyers on Oprah the other day and thought she was pretty inspirational for following what her voice told her to do! Especially since she was a mommy to young kiddies at the time!
And, yes, you are adorable! I bet you were feeling young AND sassy! :)
Post a Comment