August 4, 2009

Hello 30!!





Last Saturday I turned 30 years old.


I'll be honest-- I completely expected myself to have a major emotional breakdown over the fact that I am OLD. I am so old that I don't really speak in the morning until after I drink my coffee. I am so old that I watch the local news. I am so old that my clothes are bought for comfort rather than style. You get the picture-- I am old. Anyway, isn't that what is supposed to happen on all milestone birthdays after 21-- a breakdown? Something involving tears, doubts about one's life decisions, and a self-esteem plummet?

I was not sure about what would trigger the breakdown, but I wanted to be prepared. So, I purchased our flights to California for our summer vacation, and I planned to be there for the BIG DAY, anticipating that I would need my mom for a breakdown of such magnitude.


Well, it never happened. No tears. No doubts. Self-esteem has maintained. Hmmm.
I actually had a pretty mellow day, and I feel pretty good about my life!

Those who have bravely gone before me into this new decade have confidently promised that the 30's are great and are even better than the 20's, and though I only have 6 days of experience so far from which I can give an opinion, I love the 30's.

There was so much to do during my 20's-- finish college, start a career (and end a career!), fall in love, get married & start a family (which all happened on the exact same day since Dev & Joe were a 2-for-1 deal! Call me an over-achiever!), buy a house, have some babies...


Now that my To-Do list is all checked off, should I start a new list for my new decade? What kind of things are on my 30's To-Do list??


While I am thinking of some new goals, here are some pics from my little birthday party :)


It's me!



Lisa & L.B. (Lover Boy, of course)




Some of the dudes, Devon, Adam & Tanner


Some of the ladies, me, Avery, Jill & Molly



Let the karaoke begin! Lucy & Ellee




My dad & Doug spoke earlier in the day to coordinate their outfits :)



Adam & Jillian


Schmoop! Schmoop! Aaron & Miss Molly




Molly & Brady



Devon & Max


Kennedy, Joe, Ellee & Avery



My dad sang me a beautiful song called "Turnin' 30"
"... and her world is very different from her crazy bachelorette years,
but if she had the chance to go back she'd rather stay right here.
Turnin' 30, she's turnin' 30.
...But she's still got her energy and she colors most her hair,
and she's not too old to rock and roll and she's not really scared of turnin' 30,
She's turnin' 30"




Me & Adam
Adam got choked up during my dad's song, but don't tell him that I told you :)



Lisa & I were looking for the perfect duet for karaoke. We settled on "Celebration" and most of the kids joined us

Ahhhhh Yeahhhhh!
Lisa's solo rendition of "Proud to be an American"

American Idol????


4 comments:

comfy cozy said...

Oh my goodness! Since it was the last image you left us with Annie, I must comment on how the pic of Lisa American Idol style just made my day! The girl is feeeelin' it!!

Your bash looked like the perfect way to bring in your 30s! A seriously sweet tribute complete with that cute pic of baby Annie and your choke-me-up song from your dad. And the pic of Lucy and Ellee is super sweet!

Um, when you figure out what's on your 30s to-do list, could you let us all know?! I'm up for some ideas! :)

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

All I can do is laugh right??? Oh dear!!!!

Annie I had so much fun (as you can see a little too much fun :)) helping you ring in the 30's!

You have everything to look forward to!! Yes, I can't wait to hear your to do list too! What things will Mama Rantz be up to this decade? My vote, more babies!!!

I love your post, I miss you though...it was like you lived here again :(!!!

Maybe one day.....

Lover boy misses me I bet!!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

That picture of Lisa is priceless!

I'm so happy that you've transitioned well and that your fears of a meltdown never came true. A sign of maturity?? :o)

I really love that summary of all you did accomplish in your 20's. It's amazing how busy you've been! And how wonderful you did them all!

I'm excited to venture into this next decade with you best bud - so far, My month and 6 day has gone really well! Hurah!

Just Me said...

I just love love love the pic of Lucy and Ellee.