August 28, 2009

Summer, Summer, Summer, Will You Never End??



Devon recently reminded me that I get a bit, um, CRAZY at the end of the summer. It is becoming an annual thing, I guess. Could it be the combination of the warm weather minus an air conditioner? Could it be the softball tournaments that steal my husband for a whole weekend? Could it be the self-inflicted pressure to make Joe's birthday (August 24th) the best one ever? Could it simply be the extra long days, making bedtime feel further away than Christmas??



Whatever it is, my craziness has arrived. I can't really blog when I feel crazy, because then my blog would be complainy, and us blogging mommies don't complain, RIGHT??



So without complaining about the fact that my back and neck hurt from holding Max and nursing while multi-tasking, and without complaining that it took me an hour and a half to get Lucy to sleep this afternoon, and without complaining that I am trying to enjoy my quiet time while Max and Lucy nap but Joseph keeps telling me, in detail, about every toy weapon that he is playing with... Here are some various pictures of our various activities.





This is totally random. Lucy has a large doll named Sweet Pea, and it is bigger than Max, so Joe thought it would be funny to take a picture of the two babies together :) Joe asks me everyday if I've blogged about Max and his "girlfriend" yet, and now I can say yes!!






Joseph turned 11 last Monday, and we celebrated by taking him and his two best buds to Aunt Merry's house for a day of fun. They swam, played football, shot Merry's guns, ate burgers... Joe had a great birthday :) Perhaps the best birthday yet!













I cannot believe that Joe is 11 already! He was only 5 when I met him, and he was such a peanut! Last night Devon and I took the kids to the park, and I had a moment when I looked at Joe and all of the sudden he looked huge to me! It was as if he'd grown 12 inches at that very moment-- very strange!




The rest of us had fun at Merry's too.




For all of you Toddlers & Tiaras fans out there, could Lucy totally rock a swimsuit competition??







At one point during the day, Devon asked me if I was having a good time. I genuinely answered yes, and then he laughed and insisted on taking a picture because I literally had a child hanging from each arm! Lucy takes a while to warm up to Merry's pit bulls, and Max is sort of a permanent fixture, thus the hanging children.




Merry has a friend staying with her, and she is training him and feeding him for the upcoming Mr. Olympia competition. His name is Toney, and he is the biggest person I've ever met, so I thought it would be fun to get a pic of the biggest dude with my little dude.







I am guessing that Max is thinking, "This man is not soft and cuddly! What is under his shirt? It feels like nothing that I am used to!"




Just for fun, I thought I'd post a picture of just what exactly is under his shirt :)

Wow!


Lucy was super excited to ride Merry's horses. We were all curious about the fact that Lucy is scared of the dogs but not the huge horses... though I am not scared of a horse yet I am scared of a mouse! Hmmm... interesting.



Max and Merry





Joe requested that I make an ice cream cake, and blowing out the candles was really the only thing that could get him out of the pool at the end of the day :)







In other news, Lucy is now completely in a princess phase. We watch The Little Mermaid at least once a day, and she says, "Mom, I am Ariel." She wears princess panties (oh, the potty training is complete!), and she would just about do anything for a princess dress! So, last Saturday, I went on Craigslist and searched "princess dress" and I found a garage sale just a few miles away that advertised PRINCESS DRESSES! I threw clothes on over my pajamas and got into the car as fast as I could!! Joe and I returned home with 4 dress, a tutu, and numerous accessories that a princess would be lost without :)







Max is now 4 months old!!





He weighs 17 pounds and is 27 inches long.



I didn't really realize how big he is until we visited our new friend Emmett (born to our friends Kellen and MaryBeth).



Emmett was born on Monday, and currently weighs 8 lbs 13 oz., Max's exact birth weight! It is fun to see their sizes compared and know that just 4 months ago Max was that small!





Ah, my happy boy!



Okay, I am feeling a little less crazy and complainy now that I've finished this blog.



But seriously, Summer, hasta la vista!! Get outta here!

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Just have to say that Annie you look amazing!!! I agree that Joe looks so much older! I was so happy to see you got a deal on the princess dresses, she looks adorable! Max is perfect and getting so big! Thanks for the update on the fam!!!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Great non-complainy blog buddy!
You are so stinkin' cute!
I can't believe how calm and collected you look as you are protecting LuLu from pit bulls (whhhaatt the heck) and showing her the horse. Your animal skills are serioulsy improving! ;o)

OK, now, how could I not comment about TONY! WHOA! He's huge, and I was shocked to see what is underneath those clothes! If it scared Max, it would scare me too!!

Lucy's princess dress collection makes me want to cry. I too, have a princess here, and dress up is the number one thing on her to-do list everyday. I have a feeling that the moment Lucy got to dive into all of her dresses might have been the best moment of her life to date...I'm hitting craigslist next! By the way, I've never seen her smiler so pretty!

I have a money making idea for you guys - Merry's house could seriously be a Bravo TV show! I think you could really work the pit bull, body builder, horse, thing!! I know I'd watch! I'm a Bravo TV junkie!

This is way to long!
Hang in there, summer will soon be over and school will start and you'll get some life back.

P.S. MAX ROCKS!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Annie! This is the best post! I have to come back in a bit to leave the best comment ever!

:) I will be back!

comfy cozy said...

YAY! Another fabulous Annie post where I leave feeling all caught up and only slightly happy that this forum is sooo not the place to complain! :) Seriously though, I hear ya and couldn't agree more...summer needs to just take a hike! Oh, and how could you not feel a wee bit crazy at times?! You are a rock-star mom and wife who has a lot going on, the least being trying to sound interested in all the details of every toy weapon! Oh my!

Alright, let's get down to business- Ms. Lucy would sooo rock the swimsuit competetion on T&T! Hello?! She'd being going straight through to the Nationals!! I just love that you threw that pic in for us gals that totally don't watch that crazy show! She's adorable and her slight princess obsession makes me kinda emotional for some reason. Weird, I know. Maybe it's because I can't wait until that day myself! What a good mama for finding the goods on Craigslist too! A fully potty trained girl deserves a tutu or two!

And I couldn't end my long comment without saying how great you look! You look so great that it borders on ridiculous with Max attached to your hip! You look like the baby sitter! :)

comfy cozy said...

Oh, and I couldn't forget mentioning that Max has Hanna beat on the scale! Which seems a little funny since she's a year older!! I'll try to not be too worried about that fact! If Toney held her, she'd probably be half the size of one of those manly biceps! Whoa!!

Molly Andersson said...

sister!!

your little family is soo beautiful!! except for sweet pea... i think she may be kind of scary to be quite honest. lol :) Joe is looking so much older and i think lucy would dominate the swim suit competition.. although i must admit im having flashbacks of the little miss sunshine swim suit competition :) btw... that guy with the muscels.... HUGE!!! i dont even understand how muscles get that big!!! but you are looking great as always and i loooove lucys princess dresses!! she takes after auntie molly :)

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Hi! I'm baaaack! Annie! I don't even know where to begin! Aunt Mary's is the place to be! I think Andrea has something with the whole reality show idea! The picture with Tony had me in stitches! I really couldn't even breathe! Also, I am with Molly on the dolly being a little creepy :)! The princess/shoe in for T&T's is to die for! Score on all her new ensembles!!! She is so precious!!! The birthday boy is so cute too and all grown up! Sounds like you gave him an awesome birthday Mama!!!

AND YES...YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! You were just made for this making babies and making it look easy gig!

Love your big blog and I am sooo with you on bidding summer farewell! Can a girl get some fall shows and some rain?!

Miss you!!!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Woops! I forgot sweet lover boy!! He is as scrumptious as ever and I think he is still missing me! Time for another trip to California!!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Oh and is Max wearing the outfit I sent him? So cute if I do say so myself! :) haha