
Yesterday was our anniversary. Four years ago... I married Devon (and Joe)! Last night Devon chanted "4 MORE YEARS!" (you know, like what you would chant when a politician is running for re-election. I married a nerd!).
So, four years and three kids. It has been 4 FULL years, for sure! I think that the next 4 should slow down a bit-- is that possible?
To celebrate, Devon took the day off of work and stayed home with the kids while I went to Stroller Strides minus a stroller. It was still a tough workout, but much easier since I didn't have to push 70+ pounds and I didn't have to answer Lucy's 1,000 questions while trying my best to catch my breath so that I don't pass out!
Later in the day, Grandma came over to hang out with Joe, Lu and Max so my groom and I could catch a matinee and get some dinner. We went to see Funny People, and though I liked the movie, I don't necessarily recommend it unless you like penis jokes. A lot. If you like penis jokes a lot, then go see this movie. Also, if you like the F word a lot, then you will enjoy this movie. Also, if you like Seth Rogan and Jonah Hill (which we do), then you will like this movie. Otherwise, go see The Time Traveler's Wife which comes out on Friday (and looks like a total chick-flick, so LADIES, anyone want to see this movie with me??).
Before the movie, we treated ourselves to Starbucks, and lo and behold, The Bachelor Jason Mesnick was there! As you know from my previous blog, I do LOVE a celebrity sighting! I think that Devon was excited too. He quickly thought of what he should say to Jason, but I quickly forbade (forbid? forbode?) him from saying anything! His ideas were, "Man, I support 'ya, buddy," or "I was a single dad once, too!" Thumbs up, high five... Anyway, once we got to the theater, I updated my Facebook status announcing our celeb sighting, and Q (Andrea's husband) responded with, "Did he order something and then reject it?" Funny!
We had a nice dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, I gave Devon his annual review as a husband (he had a great year!), and then we made it back home to Max-aroo before my boobs exploded :) We fell asleep with Lucy between us-- not romantic, but pretty perfect nonetheless. Devon and I feel pretty lucky to have found each other without having to be on a reality tv show... twice.
Happy Anniversary Devon!
4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS!

Also, Happy Anniversary to my parents- 31 years!
4 comments:
I am so glad you enjoyed your anniversary out with your Prince Charming. My story was different, (Max is now a 6oz bottle boy) but you heard about it already. All I can say is what I told Joe when he said "Annie does it all the time" in response to why we didn't do something: you are superwoman. Or make that Supermom!
How did I ever raise three kids??
Oh, and after all the bad rep Jason M has received he might have appreciated a little support, who knows?
And I'm so glad he did accept the rose! He's a nerd! I totally laughed out loud at the "4 more years!" ahhh, total Devon humor! :o)
I'm happy you had a special day and were able to sneak in some special time with just eachother...I know that doesn't happen all that often!
You two make a great couple and I am so happy for both of you :o)
Oh, and Leslie and Coy!! 31!? WOOO BABY!!! Pure awesomeness!
Happy Anniversary! So glad you guys got to go out on a hot date and then come home to a Lucy sandwich! It sounds perfect! :)
Married life really is the best!! Could you imagine NOT getting re-elected??! Bad joke, I know. Please note the time and the simple fact that it is way past my bedtime!
Annie! I would love to be more excited about your anniversary than your celebrity sighting but it's kinda hard :)! Just kidding! Although, I was beside myself at your sighting I think your special day takes the cake!
What a wonderful time it sounds like you had! So glad you got to give stroller striding a try solo! I still think it's amazing that you are doing it at all! And on your big day no less! That is commitment!
Happy 4 years!!!
Post a Comment