August 4, 2009

Growing Pains

I have tons of vacation pics and stories to share, but first I have to post a quick blog to announce that Max has moved out of our bedroom and into his crib in the bedroom that he shares with Lucy. I am a little bit sad :(


While on vacation, Max slept in a big pack-and-play, and he slept through the night, so when we got home last night and prepared to put him to bed, it felt silly to put him into the tiny bassinet (see photo!) beside our bed. He doesn't need me in the middle of the night like he once did!


I remember when we graduated Lucy from the bassinet to the crib. I cried as I walked away from her (the six footsteps between her room and my own), and then I turned on the baby monitor so that I could hear every breath, cough, or fuss.


I didn't cry last night, and I didn't use the baby monitor, and I found my cooing boy with a big smile on his face this morning.


Perhaps Lucy's sleep issues (she rarely naps, she doesn't fall asleep on her own, she climbs into our bed in the middle of the night, etc.) are due to the fact that I was so reluctant to SET HER DOWN and WALK AWAY when she was an infant! Perhaps I am learning from my mistakes, and Max will grow to have great sleeping skills. Perhaps I am growing up a bit!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sadina here, not Sally. Sorry, you girls know the routine by now! :)

That's awesome! What a big boy Max is! I'm so glad that the transition was smooth for all parties involved!

For the record, I think that the second time around will be much, much different for me. I think I've definitely created the way Hanna is by being such a major coddler! Next time around I'll try to just chill out a bit.

Can't wait to hear all about your time in Cali and how you feel being 30 and all grown up! :)

Wilson Girlzz said...

Jealous here, straight out of "why can't I do that!?"

Confession - Brynn is still sleeping in our room. Still gets up about 3-4 times a night, and yes, she is all of 1.5 years old!

Awful huh!?

I am proud of you. Envioius of you, and I really hope that Mr. Max continues on this great path of being a sound sleeper!

Nice work mama!!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

I MISS LOVER BOY!!!!! As I said many times while you were here...what a hunk of burning love!!! I am so glad this picture captured just how plump and delicious this baby boy is!!!

Allow me to tell blog world that this whole sleeping through the night thing is kind of misleading :). Not only does this perfect baby sleep through the night...he sleeps through shopping trips, meals, parties, game nights, oh and movies. When he is not sleeping he is simply cooing and smiling and looking adorable! Sometimes in a toga :0) I will let Annie fill you in on that one!!!

YOu are doing a fabulous job Momma! I am sure it was so sad that he left your room but you are doing all the right things! Andrea is not alone in having a year and a half year old that frequents our bed! So I am taking notes!

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

perhaps :)

Leslie said...

yeah max!! yeah mommy!!
p.s. love the superman shirt :)

Jacqui Lott said...

Proud of you, Annie! But you are an amazing mom no matter where, what, when or how your kids sleep. Hopefully this just means you will get better sleep.

Just Me said...

You are a good mom. Lucy and Max are different kids. Very different. Both delicious, wonderful and precious but different. Thankfully.