September 15, 2012

Summer, Extended

Summer has been nice, but I am ready to welcome fall with a big high-five. 
 
Would you believe that our Seattle summer is still going strong?  The weather has been lovely- unbelievably lovely!  No one is complaining- we'll take as much sun and blue sky as we can get around here.  But, there are a few things that I'm looking forward to, such as sweaters and these new babies that now live in my closet-
 
 
 
Oh, pretty boots!  Happy birthday to me!
 
 
And Devon has a new "baby" too.  His new Seahawks jersey.  Happy birthday to him!
 
 
 
We might be nerds.
 
On a completely unrelated note, I've been meaning to share the fact that though Devon was married before, he has never been married for seven years before.  So, in my insecure mind, this means that Wife #2 just took 1st place!
 
I know, I know.  It doesn't work that way.

Anyway...

Joe is playing fall baseball, and he is becoming quite a skilled left-handed pitcher.  I didn't get any pics of him in action, but I took a picture of his reluctant fans-


I packed snacks, toys, a scooter, art supplies, and stuffed animals, yet, they'd rather roam to where they are likely to get hit by a foul ball, or to where they get stuck in nets, or to where they can make a few new friends.


 
At this particular game, Lucy discovered that she has her first loose tooth! She is so excited to lose a tooth- and a little nervous too- and she has several questions about the Tooth Fairy.  Oh boy.  It is happening.  She is growing up right before my eyes! 


This long summer has allowed us extra opportunities to swim in Merry's pool.  In fact, we are headed there today. :)

I hope that you are enjoying the final days of summer too!

 

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Love the boots, love the shirt (I want one of both!) and love the kids! We have had a long hot summer, unbelievable as that is here in Seattle. Continue to enjoy it while you can!