October 16, 2011

Tired Mama

My kids wear me out.  Now you all are supposed to say It's okay- our kids wear us out too.
And when I'm worn out, I get so irritable.  Now you say Yep, we get irritable too.
And then I feel bad.  Now you say Don't feel bad, friend.  You are doing the best you can.  Being a mom is a lot of work.  You're not expected to be perfect and pleasant all the time!
And it isn't their fault that mama is irritable.  They are just kids being kids.  Now you say Well, sometimes it is their fault.
Yes, sometimes it really is their fault.  I'm glad we agree!
They just have so much energy, you know?  I wish I could bottle up their energy!  I'd sell it and be rich!
And they make such big messes!  Yep, big messes, all day long.
But I love them.  Of course you do.
And they make me happy most of the time, like, when they aren't driving me bonkers.  Did you just say "bonkers"?
And they unintentionally do funny things, like Max says "farsh farb" when he means "washcloth".  Yep, kids are funny.  Nonstop entertainment.
And tomorrow is a new day- I can begin refreshed.  Good plan.
I'm glad we had this talk.  Sure, anytime.

I found this on Pinterest-




 And this-

 And this-

And this-






4 comments:

Wilson Girlzz said...

You are the best.
Your kiddos are blessed to have such a wonderful (and funny) mama.

I love you.

Sarah said...

Yes & amen. I could have written this. Praying for a few moments of peace & quiet (& patience in the meantime).

Sonia said...

I soooo feel you Annie! I have been praying to be more of a Disciple to my children than a disiplinarian. Hoping to teach them rather than just yell at them! I must say though, I fail more times than I succeed! We have started a small marble jar in our house for good and bad behavior. Lets just say that Avery lost 5 marbles while we were at the grocery store yesterday!
By the way... My little Blake will be 3 tomorrow. Want to cry with me? Miss you cousin!

Lisa Blake said...

You are so funny! :)

Love these...especially the teenager one :)

Aw, we had a marble jar too! It actually worked really well! Maysyn is almost ready for marbles, but Ken and Tan have outgrown them :).