October 6, 2011

My Thursday/Sunday

For the month of October, I am going to try to post a blog every other day.  I just made this decision- just now.  So, if I can post this before midnight, then I'm good.  If not, then my little challenge is over and I'll most likely delete these four sentences, thus beginning rrriiiiiiiiiiiight....

(here)
Today was perfectly fall-ish.  The sky was grey and dark, and the air was cold and wet, and the leaves are changing colors and beginning to fall off, and if I had one of them fancy cameras, I'd take a pretty picture of red leaves with dark clouds in the background.
(insert pretty picture here)
I went to Stroller Strides, and then took Lucy to ballet, and then a hot shower to defrost because I had the shivers, and then to town to meet a Craigslist buyer, and then to Target to get some cereal because our supply was running low, and then to our favorite children's consignment store where I found a gnome costume for Maxy, and then I got Max down for a nap, and then I looked up a recipe that had caught my eye on Pinterest, so I said to Devon, "Let's bake a cake together- a fall cake."  I'm pretty sure that baking a cake was the very last thing that he wanted to do, ever, but he played along and was pleasantly surprised that the only two ingredients were a boxed cake mix and a can of pumpkin puree.  And his instruction was to simply mix the ingredients.  I suppose that I could have done the mixing myself, but once I looked up the recipe on Pinterest, I got a bit sidetracked by the ol' Internet.  It happens, right?  Plus, I wasn't in the mood to bake- I was only in the mood to eat.
(skip to the part where the cake is done and the house is filled with delicious smells)
The cake was yummy, and Devon declared, "This is the best cake I've ever made!"  Might be the only cake he has ever made, but it really was quite tasty.  Then Joe came home and conversation conversation conversation BOOM! teenage tantrum occurred, and I dug deep to give the scariest "get back here now!" that I've ever delivered, and I prayed that none of our neighbors could hear me, and I'm pretty sure that I strained something in my vocal chords/throat.  Now I know how poor Justin Bieber feels when his voice is strained.  What am I supposed to drink?  Lemon tea? You've all seen the movie by now, right?
(skip to the part where Joe is grounded for a week and is banished to his room to do his homework)
Devon made dinner, Lucy and I went to Trader Joe's to restock our empty cupboards, and Max refused to try on the gnome costume.  He hates it.  Aunt Merry has ordered a Spider Man costume for Max to wear on Halloween, but we are going to a dress-up birthday party on Saturday and Max doesn't have anything to wear, so I thought the gnome would be adorable.  Being that he hates the costume, I assured him that I would return it to the consignment store, but first I really, really wanted to see him wearing it.  I bribed him with a Ho-Ho.  At 8:30pm.  Mother of the Year here.  Don't bother asking why I even have Ho-Hos in my house.  Max took the bait and I said, "Dev, grab the camera!  Dev, turn on the flash!  Dev, you need the flash!  This isn't going well!"  It was a battle, but here's what we got-

I'm sure that he will be an adorable Spider Max, but come on!!  A gnome!!  Oh well.  You might be happy to know that he didn't like the Ho Ho.
(skip to the part where all the kids are asleep)
I'm tired.  I am ready to watch Grey's Anatomy, though I close my eyes during all of the surgery stuff.  I just like the drama, although I am a little tired of Derek being so ice cold to Meredith.  Since we know that Patrick Dempsey is leaving the show, Devon is convinced that the Derek/Meredith fight isn't going to be resolved and that they aren't going to get baby Zola back.  So, I want baby Zola- I'll take her!  Who do I need to call to get myself a baby Zola?  Maybe she'd wear a gnome costume :)
(skip to the part where I conclude this post)
Devon's work-week begins again tomorrow, so tomorrow is his "Monday", so today was his "Sunday", though it was really only Thursday, and most of the time, I can't keep track of the day, if it wasn't for my DVR schedule.  Oh, right, so time for Grey's.
Goodnight!

5 comments:

Just Me said...

I love Gnome Maxy! So cute! You said he didn't like the HoHo but did he like the Gnome suit when he got it on? It looks like he did.
Congrats to Devon on his first cake!

I laughed when you said you close your eyes during the bloody parts. I look away. I have stopped watching CSI 'cause I can't stand the forensic part with all the blood and guts and goop.
I will hold you to the blog every two days :-)

Lisa Blake said...

I had a feeling you might have blogged late at night so I checked in! You are so funny! It is a darn shame about the gnome costume because Maxxy looks so stinkin cute in it!!! Almost like a munchkin!!! Oh well, spidey will be very cute as well!

Sorry your fall cake bliss was short lived. Teenager's have a way of doing that don't they? Oh Joe!

I can't wait to read what you post next! Day after tomorrow!!! Just like a Sunday paper! :)

Allison said...

I love the gnome costume! Andrea sent a link for almost the same one for E, and if we had not already bought a firefighter costume on clearance last year I would have pulled the trigger on it too!

I bet that he will make a cute Spidey as well. I am super excited about your blog challenge you have for yourself. I love reading them, so I now how more to look forward too! Love you.

Wilson Girlzz said...

THE GNOME!?
OMG!!!
Annie! These pictures made my day! Maxy really needs to rethink this...he is adorable in his plaid shirt and beard!

Sorry about Joe :o(
Yeah for a yummy cake that D-Love baked :o)

Love your goal to blog everyday...that might just top the gnome costume

The Browns said...

It seems that everyone LOVES the costume except Max. If only we could make them like the things we do...life would be so easy;)

The cake sounds delicious!

Love Zola too. And Derek, sheshhh!!