I love blogs. I do. And if you are reading this, then perhaps you love blogs too.
Do you have a list of blogs that you check daily, hoping to find a new post to read? New pictures to see? New stories to enjoy? New recipes to try?
Do you read through your blog list and think I wish I was crafty like Emily or I wish I could write like Kelle or I wish I could bake like Joy? Gosh, there are so many wonderfully crafted and inspiring blogs!
And do you know who I'd be if I could be any blogger in the whole world?
I'd be Sherry from Young House Love. And I'll tell you why.
- Sherry's full-time job is to make home improvements and then blog about it. How cool is that?
- And it gets better. Sherry's husband John's full-time job is also to make home improvements and then blog about it. Now, I'm not being mushy here, saying that I'd like to work alongside my husband 24/7. What I am saying is that it would be really great if those "honey-do" lists that I make for Devon could actually be his full-time job.
So lets review: Sherry and John's house is constantly a work in progress, and John is 100% in on the fun. And, as an added bonus, their daughter sleeps in her own room. I'm telling ya', Sherry has got a good thing going!
Devon has had the past two days off from work, so right now I have a very fresh perspective on what it is like to have him home all day, and let me kindly say that I think he hates my "honey-do" list nearly as much as I hate the other woman in his life, Paddy the iPad. We aren't anywhere close to becoming a full-time blogging team, just like we aren't anywhere close to getting Max and Lucy to sleep in their own room. Oh well.
Just for fun, I invited Devon to bake with me yesterday, and he accepted the invitation. I don't especially enjoy baking, but I thought that it might be more fun if I had a partner to bake with (other than Lucy, who enjoys making the mess rather than making the goodies). We made sugar cookies, and they were delicious, and we felt quite proud of our efforts. And Devon followed all of my instructions, and even wore an apron.
It was kind of like
Lucky for me, I can live vicariously through the creative, bargain hunting, d.i.y. home improvement adventures of Sherry and John.
In other news, this girl makes me smile-


3 comments:
It would be nice to work with one's hubby I think, both sharing the same passion for the same things. Home improvement has never been my bag so please don't blame Devon if he is not properly trained in that department. I think you have found he is trainable though. And he does look pretty cute in that apron. And the cookies were delicious! Good job, Dev!
Your daughter makes me smile too, oh what would we do without that bright little soul in our lives? Life is good.
Well done my dear friend! I am pretending to shop on pinterest daily! :)
You are my favorite blog to check in with daily and I just know that if the rest of the world knew about it too, then Dev could have a full time job assisting your creative needs because you would be famous! :)
The apron rocks! And guess what? So do you Annie!!!
I am obviously too tired to make much sense, but you get what I am saying right?
Post a Comment