October 14, 2011

Friday Wrap-Up

Some kids go to the pumpkin patch,
and some kids get the $1.99 pumpkin from Safeway.


And everyone is happy!

*****

My calendar says that tomorrow, October 15th, is "The Sweetest Day".
What does that mean?
Any guesses?

*****

I found this on Pinterest today,
and it made me laugh-


*****

It is Homecoming Weekend at Westmont,
and this year is the 10 year reunion for my graduating class.
I sure wish that I was in Santa Barbara with Allison and Andrea,
reminissing about our college days,
and checking out all of the changes on campus.
But instead I'll just look at this picture of the most fabulous city on the west coast
and sigh.
(sigh)


*****
Whenever I catch my kids being calm, getting along, and doing a nice activity like reading,
I tend to take a picture,
as if I need to have documentation of this moment.


I'll file this picture in the "kids behaving" file :)

*****

On that note,
in the "kids misbehaving" file,
during Stroller Strides on Tuesday,
Lucy elbowed Max in the face and giving him a bloody nose.
Not awesome.

*****

Last month we celebrated Grandma Donna's birthday,
and I failed to work some pictures into a blog.
We ate really yummy bbq crockpot chicken,
and then ate ice cream cones.


*****

You know who else had a birthday?
THIS BLOG!
This blog-o'-mine is now 3 years old,
and I am still thinking of a way to commemorate.

*****

I am watching my friend Sharon's kids overnight,
so right now I am responsible for a total of five children,
and I'm rockin' it.
3 out of 5 kids are asleep,
and the other two- the teenagers- are quietly watching a rated PG movie.
I feel like a superstar.

*****

Sometimes at night,
I find myself looking forward to drinking my cup of coffee in the morning.
Coffee drinkers,
is that weird? 

*****

I like these shoes-


*****
And that is all I have to say tonight.


5 comments:

Just Me said...

Love Max's proud big boy look with his pumpkin. It is the first time I can see him as he will look in the future.
I loved my ice cream cone with a candle in it for my birthday and thank goodness I had just got my hair cut.
Love the shot of Santa Barbara, what a lovely place!

The shoes, they are what my dad wore in the 40's, called "spats." I love them! Or like the ones I wore in the 50's called "saddle shoes." I guess there is really nothing really new in fashion. It all comes back. But in a slightly different version.

Anonymous said...

Annie,
What a week you have had. So sad to hear about the thief at the Pumpkin Patch...such a not nice person to do that! I am so with you on being in SB...I was there last year for my Reunion and it is amazing how life can change so quickly in a year! The campus is so beautiful and different from when we were there. Hope you are doing well!
Steph

Lisa Blake said...

Annie! I say EVERY NIGHT that I am soooo looking forward to my cup of coffee in the morning! NO LIE!

I love you and this post!!!!! I wish I could comment on each part! Just know I loved every part especially that it's your blogaverssary!!!! Also, tjs mini pumpkins are adorning the blake table tonight...69cents each! :)

Just Me said...

I have to add that I too think every night about my cup of coffee in the morning, the warmth, the taste, the warm feel of the cup. I just can't wait. I am having it right now.

Wilson Girlzz said...

Santa Barbara and my soul mates is totally occupied my thoughts all weekend long...we will get there again and have our own A-Team reunion...with great coffee to sip on and wearing cute shoes.

I like the random thoughts in this blog and I REALLY like that this blog is 3 years old! Happy Birthday!! It's a special place, thanks for keeping it so awesome!