Occasionally, Devon and I end our day by sharing a pint of Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. We don't do this too often- only when we feel like we've really deserved it.
Today, we deserved it, and so we indulged.
Why, you ask, did we afford ourselves such a treat? Well, we parented. All. Day. Long.
From before the sun came up until about an hour ago, all three kids were testing the limits and pushing our buttons. Maybe it is Be Tough on Your Parents Day and we didn't get the memo.
But now they are all asleep in bed, and the house is quiet, and the ice cream has been consumed, and it feels like we win. Yes, that's right- we win!
Here is a small peek into our very long day-
We sat at Joe's softball game and froze our buns off.
It was Joe's team's first victory of the year (and second to the last game).
We watched our girl play hide-and-seek in a shot put pit.
Lucy's little friend had just counted to ten while Lucy hid...
Welp, looks like she found Lucy!
And this kid-
His middle name should have been Trouble. Tonight I asked him, "Max, what is your name?" He answered, "Max." And I asked, "But what is your full name?" He replied, "Max and Ruby?" (Max and Ruby is a cartoon on Nick Jr., if you aren't familiar with it). Silly Bubs.
And then Lucy said something like, "Mom, you know who makes the rules around here? I'll give you a clue: she has lots of toys and likes Barbies and costumes." Uh, I don't think so, little lady!
After today's parental victory, I'm hoping that tomorrow the kids will remember who they are going up against! They may outnumber us and have a come-at-us-from-every-angle strategy, but at the end of the day, we will always win!



4 comments:
unds like it's time for grandma to come earn some more stripes while mom and dad run off for some much earned time together.
"Max and Ruby" is so funny.
HA!!!! Great and yummy might I add way to celebrate!!! Go R-team! :)
You so deserve that Ben and Jerry's ice cream, girl! Love that I found your blog again! It's going in my tool bar.
Cute blog! And I love your crocheted head band!:)So funny that Lucy was supposed to be hiding, but her thoughts about who makes the rules was the funniest of all! And Max and Ruby Rantz?? I think it has a nice ring to it! :) Love you!
Post a Comment