'Tis the season for exploring one's alter ego.
Today we did just that.
Joe was invited to his friend Jude's ninja birthday party, and Lucy was invited to her friend Molly's costume birthday party, and Max and I tagged along with Lucy.
Now, we aren't quite ready for Halloween, but I think that we pulled ourselves together nicely.
Joe's ninja ensemble, complete with fake facial bruises, scars, and wounds under his mask-
Lucy was a fairy-
And I know that Max's gnome costume was loved by all, but he was much happier as a super hero.
SpiderMan-
Now, the invitation to Molly's party did say "parents are welcome to dress up in costume," and to that I thought Nope, I'll go as my everyday mama self,
but
I found a costume at the consignment store this morning,
and it turns out that mama has an alter ego too.
Princess Fiona!
Our neighbor kindly took a group picture for me :)
Joe was very concerned that I'd be the only adult dressed in costume,
and other than Sharon and Bill- the hosts- I was!
I might have been embarassed if I'd known anyone else at the party,
but they were all strangers.
Sharon's awesome- she was a witch with bad teeth.
The kids played games, like pin the face on the jack-o-lantern.
See that nose?
My girl did that. :)
And I got reacquainted with Candy Corn.
Hello, old friend.
And I stole some snuggles from Spidey.
Turns out that Fiona loves SpiderMan.
I think it is his muscles.
Really, how hard it is to stand together, look at the camera, and smile?????????????
I followed my tiny super hero, and he would say, "mom, watch my powers!"
And Lucy was awarded the button for "Fanciest Costume."
It was a fun, busy day,
and shortly after we returned home,
I found Max like this-
Wearing out the kids is always a great way to spend a Saturday.
But, of course, as a result, I'm feeling pretty warn out too!
Time to kick up my big, ogre feet and spend some time with my Shrek :)












7 comments:
Oh, what a great day you all had! Max is so like his daddy was when he was a boy. Superman, Batman, Spidey, yep, it goes around, it comes around, I love it! Princess Fiona looks especially beautiful and Lucy never disappoints, winning the Fanciest Costume.
And the last pic of Max exhausted on the couch in his Cars PJs says it all. Glad you all had such a fun day. I miss you!
I fogot to mention that Joe's Ninja outfit is very good and I know he made the weapon he is carrying. Good job Joe!
Oh Annie!!! I LOVE this post! You are one cute Fiona!!! You just might change my mind about that movie from here on out! :) Everyone looks so great!!! SO FESTIVE! Way to go Annie!!!
Max taking his role so seriously made my day! :) Lucy winning an award was well deserved :)! She looked so cute! Joe was super fierce (like my lingo?)!
You are off to a great start once again! See you Tuesday! No pressure...haha!
I love this whole new blogging commitment you have made-not that you were a slacker by any means before!
This whole Halloween thing is way more fun as an adult I think. Dressing up our little ones and adoring how cute they look is just the best. All of your kiddos are all so committed to their costumes. I love it!
So fun - you did nice work mama and the Fiona costume made me laugh out loud...girlfriend, I like your Ogre Horns ;o)
Max cracks me up - with all of his super hero moves and poses. I think a gnome just wouldn't have the same umpf.
I love your princess fiona costume!! that is awesome!!and your kiddos look super adorable also!! maxy is the cutest little spidey i have ever seen! what a fun day that looked like!! :) i love you and wish we could be there for halloween!!
You rocked that costume!! You're such a good sport.
Luv ya
Post a Comment