Not to keep talking about the whole car search/car buying experience, but I just have to say how nice it feels to have it all off my mind! I feel free! I'm free to grocery shop! I'm free to fill my head with other worries thoughts! I'm free to blog! And blog I shall!
So, I have some recommendations:
I just finished reading this book, and it was SO. GOOD. I think I'm late to this party- maybe many of you have already read it- but if you have not, and you are looking for a fantastic story, please read The Help by Kathryn Stockett. You will not be disappointed. If you need a little more info about the story before you will commit to the book, read here.
AND, the movie is coming out this summer!
I recently got this CD, and I love it. "Rolling in the Deep" is our favorite track, and my kids call it The Fire Song. ("There's a fire starting in my heart...").
Even Max sings along, "We could of had it aaaaallllllll! Rolling in the deeeeeeeep!"
Trader Joe's Coffee Bean Blast ice cream
+
Trader Joe's Cinnamon & Sugar Pita Chips
=
YUM
This ice cream contains coffee grounds. Okay, it is really ground coffee beans, but is there a difference? It is so rich and creamy- too rich to be eaten with a spoon, in my opinion. This ice cream begs for a sugar cone. It was created to be licked, not spooned. But, alas, we don't have any sugar cones on hand, so I supplemented my small scoop-in-a-bowl with a handful of these sweet pita chips. And then I went back for seconds. Mama likey.
Any recommendations for me??
Books, movies, music, treats, shampoos, lip gloss, household cleaners, etc.??????
In other news,
here is a peek at the members of the Rantz fam at this very moment:
Devon is enjoying his day-off, kickin' back, reading Men's Health.
Max is trying to be discreet about pooping his pants.
Lucy is watching a princess movie while dressed in her Swan Lake costume and ballet slippers.
Joe is doing homework, learning about the Roman Empire.
And I am blogging while taking a picture of myself while talking to Buzz Lightyear on a Buzz Lightyear phone.
There you have it!
Happy Wednesday!









10 comments:
Oh, I am so glad to hear you happy! I was so bummed when I read your last blog.
My fave ice cream is Tillamook's Udderly Chocolate, which has both white and milk chocolate and little chocolate bits in it. MMMMM, soooo smooth also, and I have the cones to help me lick it.
If you want a new good trilogy to read, and may have been someone who like Twilight, this one is as good or better: The Hunger Games.
There are three books called The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay. The movie will be out next year. These stories are about a very young, smart and strong young woman named Katniss.
Try it, you'll like it.
Adele = true love. I love her too!
I saw Bridesmaids last weekend with a friend, and although it was slightly innapropriate and too many F-bombs were dropped, I loved it. Especially the end...you would love it too!
And then, during the previews there's a new movie coming out with our boy JT and his hair is curly and he looks dorky cute. A must see for sure!
For books...I just started reading Have a Litte Faith by Mitch Albom - it's great so far :o)
Please tell Buzz hello for me!
Donna- Joe and I went to the library tonight, and we actually looked for The Hunger Games!! He wants to read them, but maybe I'll read them first! :)
Andrea- I saw Bridesmaids too! LOVED IT! So funny! My fave girl in the movie is Megan- the groom's sis- she rocks! And did you think of me because the girl's name is ANNIE??? And I always enjoy Mitch Albom's books- I haven't read that one yet. THX! :)
Annie, I think you will have to put your name on a wait list for the Hunger Games. It is VERY popular. Or buy them. And I love Adele, too, loved listening to her in your car.
Such a funny blog! I laughed the whole way through!! So glad you are happy again :) Loved all your pictures and I think you captured the various personalities perfectly, although Max may not be as sneaky as he thinks he is! Love you!!
I love this blog and I want some of your ice cream!! Miss you and your family and can't wait to see you next!!
I own the Hunger Games--you can totally borrow them !
Sarah, that would be awesome! We were #99 on the waitlist at the library for the first book! :)
WOW!! Tons of great suggestions;) I haven't seen any movies lately nor have I read any books...but I did enjoy the Lauren Conrad series- you may too, since we have similar taste;)
As for treats, I'm desperately trying to lose all the baby weight from the last 3 years...NO TREATS FOR ME!
Lip gloss- I LOVE Lancomes Juicy (I like the clear). It's pricey, but a nice splurge;) Also, I love Trader Joes chapstick. It's super cheap and nice and glossy!
Cleaning products- I enjoy the Method products from Target.
Ahhh.. Adele - she was the sound track to our recent expedition to Oregon. Avery knows every word to Rolling in the Deep, and if it just her and I in the car, we put it on repeat!
I like any book by Jodi Picoult (except her most recent one "Sing Me Home" - it has a little too much detail on a woman who was once happily married to a man and is now happily married to a woman....)
I swear we need to get our kids together. They are SOOOOOO alike it is scary!
Miss you!
Post a Comment