(at the doctor's office)
(not to be outdone by Lucy, Max picked up the chalk and got to work on his own masterpiece)
Last week, I promised Lucy that she would not have to have any shots at her 4 year old physical. "Max will probably get a shot, but I don't think that you will." I was wrong, and Lucy looked at me with terror in her eyes and said, "Mom, you lied!" And no matter how much I studied the poster on the wall that displayed the techniques of "Comforting Restraint", there is nothing comforting about being restrained. Lucy received four shots and Max got one.
Only the promise of a new toy from Target and an ice cream cone from McDonalds could dry the tears of my freshly immunized and bandaged children. It was a rough morning.
Note to self: Make sure that Devon attends all future appointments. It is nearly more than you can handle alone!
(Max and his buddy Greyson)
Note to self: "Say poop!" gets a much better response from Buzz Lightyear(s) than "Say cheese!".
(Also, Max's pajamas are getting small- go buy new ones)
(New Bag)
Note to self: Don't waste your time lusting after designer bags that you can't afford when this cheap-o from Target suits you just fine!
(but, you've got to admit, this designer one is so pretty!)
(Princess Lucy)
While Max and I went used-car shopping with Uncle Dave on Saturday, Lucy stayed with Merry, and we returned to find that Merry created this lovely ensemble for our princess.
Note to self: Lucy is a lucky girl! Since I'm not too crafty or artistic, we are very fortunate that Merry has got mad skills!
Also, used cars are used, so lower your expectations, Annie!






7 comments:
What a darling Pic of Lucy and her drawing! Two creative little artists. (I would offer my comforting services at the pediatrician's office anytime you need.)
Love your new purse.
And I know you will find a pre-owned car that you can live with for a few years.
Aw good times!!!! :))) I love all of your notes to yourself!!! The kiddos are too cute even though their Mom planned a owie ambush!!! Lucy is soooo lucky to have her Aunt Merry! I too, love your purse! I love to see a fellow frugal lady in action! Target and used cars is how the Blake's roll! It's really quite fabulous living! PS you can totally clean out anyone else's funk with some vinegar and a magic eraser and with the money you will save in car payments you can afford another purse or two!!! :)
I like your notes...all very practical and useful!
Your kiddos are super cute and I love the pictures at the doctors office.
Your purse is super cute and if I had some extra cash flow to burn, I would totally buy the designer one too...it is VERY pretty!
I write notes to myself all the time, and I am glad to see that someone else does the same! Those doctor appointments are just horrible when the shots come out-I always cry too. Always.
I can't wait to see what car y'all end up with! I know the right one will come along. Miss you!
Love the bag!
Sorry about the doctor's visit. I can't even imagine:( I HATE it too.
Lucky, Lucy!
Just wanted to say, "Hello".
4 shots??? That is soooo many :( but i do love the chalkboard pics, the purse and most especially the new princess dress!!!! love you! :)(p.s. i got my first new car at 35 yrs. old and my current car was bought used, you will survive!)
I actually like the target purse better!! :) I'm so sorry about the doctors appointment but those pictures are so darn cute!! You need to come visit very soon :)
Post a Comment