May 9, 2011

Mud and a Malt

This weekend we did something that we don't do too often-
we got dirty.
Our task was to dig out a spot for a planter box, fill it with dirt, and then relocate Dave and Merry's strawberry plants.
All children were put to work,
and we labored through warm sun, cold wind, rain, and even hail!
 How cute is this dirty bum?!
Yes, I got dirty too.
Believe it!

Progress-

And then Joe got bored and went inside.
And then it started raining.
And then Lucy got too cold and went inside.
But guess who stayed and kept working-
Mission complete!

And this summer,
we'll be sitting poolside and eating the fruits of our labor!

Gosh I love this dirty boy!


Mother's Day was pretty quiet around here.
Devon was working,
and Joe spent the afternoon with his biological mother.
The highlight of the day was when Grandma Donna and I took the babies out for a treat-

It is always happy mother's day when I am drinking a chocolate malt!

What was your highlight on Mother's Day?

5 comments:

Just Me said...

A hint: I love fresh strawberries.
Cute cute pics of your working crew. Building character, right?

I am glad we had our trip to Ruby's Diner and loved loved loved my banana split! Whew! Now I have to walk walk walk.

Anonymous said...

Your hair is looking so cute!!! I want it! Oh Molllyyyy! :)

The strawberry transplantation in the nation looked like a ton of fun! Even the dirty part! Your kiddos are so super cute and yes I will say it again so lucky to have that fun Aunt Mary's house to go to.

Sorry bout Joe being with bio mom. You do a great job as his everyday and every night, no matter what Mom! I love you!

The highlight of my Mother's Day was Henry giggling for the first time and getting my very own lemon tree! I have always wanted one! Come visit and I will make you some lemonade!

The Browns said...

You made a ton of progress on that garden!! I'm impressed with how long Max stuck with it;)

Mother's Day was nice. I always enjoy time with my Toosie and Doug! I thought Lorann may have wanted to surprise me, but she has other plans;) A nice treat, Dutch Bros gave mommas a free drink!!

Wilson Girlzz said...

Awe Maxy!
What a cutie is his dirty little overalls!!

I bet those strawberries will be fabulous once they are ready!! Mmmm...strawberry mojito anyone?! :o)

You're super cute as always!

Allison said...

Isn't digging in the dirt fun?!? I think that i could arrange for some good ole fashion dirt digging for our boys when you all make a visit down here one day! I hope you had a good mothers day. I miss you!