Good ol' Craig and his list.
What did we do before there was Craigslist? Did we search the classified ads in the Sunday paper? Did we go to garage sales?
I've successfully used Craigslist to find furniture, toys, concert tickets, princess dresses, a babysitting job, and a rental house, and my most recent task has been to find a used car for our family. This car search is a proving to be a bit more difficult than, say, Ikea Hemnes dresser.
I stalk Craigslist- checking in several times a day- spending far too much time typing various words into the search bar, such as 3rd row, third row, minivan, mini van, SUV, family vehicle, Odyssey, Sienna, seats 7, seats 8...
And what am I finding? I am finding that photos can be very deceiving. Give a nasty, beat-up mini van a good wash and take a decent picture of it, and it will look pristine. But take a closer look- like, pack up the whole family and drive 45 minutes to take a closer look- and you will see that the bumper is cracked, the windshield is cracked, the passenger side mirror has what appears to be a bite taken out of it, and there is gaping hole in the interior ceiling where a DVD system once lived. Well, this is interesting. The ad said that it was in near-perfect shape.
I suppose that this is where I confess that I'm a princess when it comes to my cars. I always buy exactly what I want, in the color of my choice. But there is a price to pay for driving a choice vehicle, and I've never had a problem paying it until now. So, I search Craigslist, hoping for a diamond in the rough.
This search is consuming my life. Grocery shopping? Blogging? Catching up on my favorite shows that are waiting on my DVR? No time! I've got to stay focused! I've got to be the first responder to the next Honda Odyssey that is listed, because those babies sell fast!
Wish me luck! And tell me- what has been your best find on Craigslist?
Oh, and a friendly reminder: Someone special is hosting Saturday Night Live tonight.
Oh, and has anyone seen my baby? I can't find him. But this big boy has been hanging around a lot. I like him.


8 comments:
Ah yes, Mr. Craig and his big long list! :) Gosh, we have gotten some gems too! I am super hopeful that you will find your diamond in the rough! I am actually hoping to find it for you out here so that you will have to visit even if it's only for 24 hours! :)
What is my best find? Hmmm...Oh I know! A dresser in it's original condition from the depression! I love it and it has sadly been waiting to make it's debut in the garage. :( In fact I may try to put baby Lorann on top of it for a pic!
Where did your baby go??? That new young man is super handsome though and he really does look like a keeper!
I have sold an antique dresser (from my grandmother), TVs and other gems of mine on Craig's but don't think I have ever bought anything. Once I got $100 and a CASE of red wine from a guy who bought my TV, one of those old clunkers. I got the best deal.
Yes, we looked in the Sunday papers and we went to used car lots. Now no one reads papers hardly anymore.
I love that little boy who now has a great baseball swing and a good quarterback throw. And best of all he is delighted to see me. It must makes my day, my week!
You and Devon make the most beautiful babies!
I'll start asking our local Craig what he has available here...maybe even a dealership down here...after all there is NO SALES TAX :o)
My best find - an Electra Hawaii bicycle for Elsie's birthday. It's a beach cruiser to die for and it was in beautiful shape!
I often whine about a small town's Craigslist because your selection is just that...small...how I wish I had a bigger city to access!!
Good luck buddy! You will find the perfect white and tan combo. I just know it ;o)
Oh, and can we have dibs on Max for Brynn? Thanks in advance!
Whoops!
This is A, not Q :o)
We'll be sure to record SNL.
Thanks for the reminder - you never disapoint!
Max is so tall!
I am ashamed to say that while I look on Craig's list often, I have never purchased anything! I came close to buying a children's playground on there, but it turned out not even close to the pictures-so I just keep looking wondering when I will actually purchase something. One day...
I know you will find your ride here real soon. I just know it!
I mean "It just makes my day" as you probably surmised.
You are such a Craig's List pro, I have total faith that you will find what you're looking for!!
As for that adorable little boy, I'd keep him if I were you;)
Max... is soooo cute!! oh my gosh! how has he gotten so big just since we were there a month ago? I promise you will find the right car and I will be praying for it also :) and I missed JT on SNL... was it funny? love you!
Post a Comment