May 7, 2011

Ballpark Therapy

In our home, I am usually the one who needs some TLC.
I often need a pick-me-up,
a change of scenery,
a distraction from whatever is weighing heavy on my mind.

But this week, it was Devon who needed a pick-me-up. 

So, at a moment's notice Grandma Donna was on the scene ready to care for our three especially-whiny children.  Gosh, each of the kids were in a funky mood.  Sorry, Donna.
(Fortunately, you are a pro' with our rugrats- you're the best!)

Devon and I bundled up and raced to the ballpark.
$8 bleacher seats.  That's where its at.
And by "it" I mean, uh, value! :)
"Foot long!  Who's got the foot long?"
(Can anyone tell me which movie that line is from??)
Our friends Kelly and Bryan were at the game too, but their seats were much better.  So, we joined them after the 6th inning.
And it was a win for the home team!
Happy fans,
happy husband,
happy wife!

(men can be so easy to please!)

6 comments:

Molly Andersson said...

You two are adorable!! :) I love your little date!! I'm glad devon got a special night!! And way to go Donna :)

The Browns said...

Sounds like it was a great "growns up" escape!!

Just Me said...

Always glad to serve my favorite family. So glad you could get out and enjoy some time doing Devon's favorite thing (watching or playing baseball). He certainly deserved some fun after the week he has had.
I was especially proud that all three whiny kids were asleep when you got home. Crying does sap the energy right out of them.

Love you all!

Anonymous said...

AAAwww I love these pictures!!!! Looks like it was a success!!! Happy Happy!!!!

Katie Lott said...

Yeah, to pleasing your man! It was especially needed, I know.

So, Dumb and Dumber, right! You think I'm so smart... I'm only smart because I know how to use Google.

Here's to a great wife, mama & friend (best of all for me)!

Wilson Girlzz said...

You guys are super cute and I'm happy you were able to take some time out for D-Love :o)

Baseball does seem to work it's magic at our house too - too bad we didn't live closer to Safeco...we would have loved to join in on the footlong!

Give Devon a hug for me :o)