Whataday.
What a day.
It was the kind of day that starts earlier than I prefer and the day's activities pick up speed until suddenly it is late and I'm tired and Max and Lucy are hyper and Joe has a stinky attitude and I'm like, "Oh no you don't!" and my husband is like, "What just happened?" and Lucy is like, "You are my best mom ever!" and Max is like, "Don't think that I'm going to bed anytime soon because I'm not." And poor Maxy had to go to the doctor today because he has a little infection (it is private, so I won't say where his infection is, but it rhymes with weenis). And we went to a playdate at Kidz Bounce, which was super fun, but I got a skin burn on my elbow from going down an inflatable slide, and the burn hurts like OUCH! It hurts like Maxy's weenis, maybe. And yesterday at Stroller Strides we did these speed-skater moves for 2 minutes, and, seriously, my butt is so sore that I could hardly bend over to pick up one of the 1,000 toys that were scattered all over the house this afternoon. And Lucy asked me if I'd play dolls with her while Max napped, and how do I say no to that request? So we got cozy in her room with her dolls, but I got sidetracked and ended up rearranging furniture all while Lucy was like, "Can we play dolls now?" And Max woke up before I finished the furniture switch-a-roo, and he whined, "Sheck, Sheck," which translates, "Shrek!" So I set him up on his bed with the portable dvd player, because the boy has got to have his Shrek and because I needed to finish my project. But then I was like, "Oh no! We've got to leave to get Joe to tutoring!" And then I had an hour to kill during tutoring, so we sat in the car for the first 30 minutes doing nothing but asking Max to say words that we'd never heard him say before. Lucy got him to say "haircut." Then I decided that we'd go into Target to buy conversation hearts, and Lucy was like, "Mom, you've gotta buy me something. If you want me to be happy, you've gotta buy me something." Ugh. I didn't buy her anything, and she was not happy, but I shared my conversation hearts with her and by the end of the day I was her "best mom ever."
Devon came home. Frozen pizza for dinner. Max's infection is already getting better. My butt is still sore and I am walking funny.
Lets do it all again tomorrow!

6 comments:
This is one of those "better than the Today Show with my morning cup" posts! I figured your day got wild! You are too funny, and the best Mom ever! :) Lucy cracks me up with her Target strategy. I wonder if she will switch it up next time.
I won't mention the infection that rhymes with weenis :)))), except to say that I am so happy that it is on the mend!
Yes, lets do it all again today! Ha! Except the speed skating training! We do want you to be able to walk! :)
AGHA! You're a crack up!
I especially like that there were no paragraphs or spaces in between thoughts, probably much like your day ended up.
Poor Max, ouch! I'm glad he's healing quickly.
Poor elbow and bootie! Maybe a Harrison Ford-like scar and a super tight set of buns to look forward too!
Lucy! Nothing funny about her negotiation skills, she's straight to the point. I admire how you don't cave. You do a great job!
Oh my goodness, what a day!! Your stories are always so entertaining...except that they're not stories they're your real life. You put such a humorous spin on everything, nice to see that you keep your sense of humor despite all that goes on;)
All I can say is WHEW!!!
see ya soon!
Never a dull moment in the Rantz home! You put your thoughts into words so effectively and I can hear you saying the words :) you're funny!
I think this blog post is even better when read out loud! Hilarious! Seriously I am cracking up right now! You made me exhausted just reading about your day. :)
Post a Comment