January 22, 2011

California Dreamin'

I got to sleep-in until 9:30 this morning!! 
Devon decided that he and I should take turns sleeping-in on the weekends.  Tomorrow is his turn.


So, today I'd like to pack up the kids and the husband and head for the beach.  The temps should be in the 80s, and we'll take our beach blankets, and we'll pack some sandwiches and snacks which will surely be dusted with sand before they are consumed, and I'll grab all of the beach toys to occupy the kids so that I can just relax, thumbing through a magazine, soaking up the warmth of the sun, mindfully rotating from my back to my tummy and then again to my back so as to get equal sun exposure.  My senses will be heavily filled with salt and sunscreen and the sound of the ocean. And we will all occasionally walk to the water to cool off and to play in the waves, and we will pick up pieces of shells and strands of kelp to adorn the sand castles and sand mountains that the kids have constructed.

And when the wind picks up later in the afternoon, and we get the chills and our blankets are damp, we will pack it all up and head home for warm showers and baths and aloe on our toasty skin and sun kissed cheeks.



I can dream!
What are you dreaming of today?

7 comments:

Just Me said...

I would be on that beach minus kids with a handsome man who wants to give me everything I want and then some. It will be the first beach of many as we travel around the world endlessly. Sunshine, waves, beach, salty air blowing my hair.....shall I go on?
Thank goodness for dreams......

Wilson Girlzz said...

We rotate sleep in days on the weekends too! Today was mine, and I slept until 10! Devine!

Your beach plans sound amazing - I'm thinkin' I will share your dreams and join in on your fun. Crash your party. Send myself a first-class mail invitation. Be a total, 100% tag along.

We would really enjoy those pina coladas at dinner time too - for sure. I plan to hit up a fabulous Mexican resturant on the way home so we don't have to cook and we can just fill up on chips, salsa, killer guac and some 5-star beverages!

Tanner Blake's Blog for school. said...

Oh it sounds just divine!!!! I was dreaming of AZ today, my future vacation home where after we swam and hung out by the pool all day Dougie was at the bbq cooking our dinner! Seriously, I was...

You painted the perfect picture so I will join you on a beach in Cali any day though!!!!

The Browns said...

I dream of a permanently clean house, perhaps staged with freshly baked cookies;)!! I dream of a job that pays more, so I can work less. I dream of a healthy, happy baby #2, Lorann. I dream of an easy time losing all this baby weight;). I dream of a finished home addition and a completed "big girl" room for Logann. (I figure while I'm dreaming, I'm going BIG!!)

Annie said...

Great dreams, ladies!
I figured that I wasn't the only one dreaming of sunshine :) And, yes, all friends are invited to come along to the beach with us!
I really love the guacamole and 5 star beverages added to the plan!
Lisa, we will all be crashing your future vacation home in AZ!!
Niccole, all of your dreams sound great too!! Is Lorann the name for baby #2?? Pretty! Some warm cookies sound great right now... and so does a permanently clean house!

Molly Andersson said...

I'm sorry I haven't commented in so long!! but don't worry I have read all your new blogs!! I love your day dream.. however why isn't your little sister in this dream?? and if i could have a perfect day dream its that I would have already passed state board.. had a steady clientele with a good income and Aaron and I had enough money to get married sooner! You are so lucky you get to wake up next to the man you love! I super look forward to it :)

Jami said...

I would do anything right now for some sun!!!!!! I have been looking for deals online for Ryan and I to have a little get-a-way in the heat! Normally it never bothers me but Mia has cabin fever....... So, I am dreaming of hot weather!!! (with my hubby :)