The first day of the new year was a happy one. In two minutes it will no longer be the first day of the new year, but rather the second day of the new year, which begs the question why am I still awake? Good question. I am still awake because Devon is watching some lame ninja movie, and I could go upstairs and go to bed by myself, but apparently I'd rather sit beside him and make comments about how the movie is dumb and bloody while I play on the laptop and download photos and stuff like that.
So, I've been reading blogs- fabulous, well-written blogs of strangers- and many of them have inspirational messages regarding the new year, and I find myself thinking gosh, I wish I'd written that! I'm led to wonder if I am an inspirational person, which guides me down a path of what kind of person am I? And this question suggests the making of resolutions in order to change aspects of my life that could use some changing, and while all of this is good, I am just too tired tonight. I think I'll just share the resolution that I'd already agreed on with myself, and I'll move forward from there into 2011 with the best intentions of becoming a better me along the way.
I've heard it said that to achieve a goal, it is best to 1) write it down, and 2) share it with someone else for accountability purposes. I'm doing both right now! My resolution this year is to be a more thoughtful gift-giver. I have friends who are exceptional gifters. From the gift selection to the wrapping and presentation, it is clear that the gift was thoughtfully given and is full of love. My gifts are often gift cards (safe and easy!), and arrive late. It isn't that I don't have love for the giftee, but I'd like to show it better in this way. And I think I can do it!
(And by the way, I love receiving gift cards so sometimes I give them not just because they are safe and easy, but also because they are awesome)
(Also, I'd like to run a half-marathon at some point, but don't hold me accountable for this goal!)
(Perhaps I can inspire you to eat a whole lot of spinach dip with sour dough bread. It was delicious all day long)
Did you make a New Year's resolution?


5 comments:
First, you are inspirational! Believe it or not! Second, I love that picture of you and your boys!!! (Andrea, I want a flower pin BAD :)) Third, I like your resolution for gift giving and feel free to practice on me (for accountability purposes of course...hehe) all year long! :)))) It's actually something I need to be better at too. Although I can put together a pretty good package, I am not consistent. The nieces and nephew's know not to expect something every year, but a wow package every few. Not so good. I will get better with ya, how does that sound?
Don't you just love good bloggers? Have you shared these blogs with us? If so maybe I need a reminder! I want to be inspired :).
I want your "fabulous blogs" list, too (as if I need to waste more time reading blogs :). Anyhoo, just had to tell you that a) I love your flower pin, b) I adore Max's monster hat (it's so perfect for him!) and c) half marathon is sorta on my resolutions list as well. But I am lacking motivation! As for my resolution, it is to have more patience (with O, the hubs, and life in general)! I know that it's a broad one, but I'm really trying :).
I'll commit to a half with you! Let's choose one now and register as early as possible. We'll have a common goal and a reunion plotted out all at one time!
It makes me so happy to see you with your pin on!! :o)
love the pictures, love the pin, love your resolutions!!(btw, i made a bunch....too numerous to list!) and your blog definately inspire me! love you!
Love the PJs in the afternoon, the lovely Lucy posing in her beautiful face and Devon on the bike, oh yeah! Love that pin too! Resolutions? Keeping them to myself so I guess I am undercommitted :-)
I have loved reading your blog last year and will continue to love them.
Post a Comment